Help me find my perfect birthday campsite

(10 Posts)
Himalaya Sun 23-Dec-12 01:10:08

I have a "big number" birthday this summer and I would like to have a camping weekend party.

Can you help me find where to have it?

My specs:

Probably in SE England - preferably N of London but could be South.

A field or campsite to rent.

Loos and showers

Maybe a barn or building?

Must allow campfires.

Has anyone done a birthday weekend like this? Any top tips?

Himalaya Mon 24-Dec-12 08:16:29

Bumping my own post in hope of a fairy god mother!

zgaze Mon 24-Dec-12 08:25:26

Google Mellow Farm, they have camping facilities and also various outbuildings / barns to hire for parties. I haven't been but its on my short list for my imaginary wedding camping party grin

Or the usual suspects like Wowo, Forgewood or Hidden Spring - all allow campfires and are good for large group bookings. All v popular and book up quickly though. You could also try posting on the forums on www.ukcampsite.co.uk for advice?

RandomMess Mon 24-Dec-12 08:27:32

Have you seen camping pods???? They are fab!

Himalaya Mon 24-Dec-12 08:29:54

What's a camping pod??

RandomMess Mon 24-Dec-12 08:34:47
happyhorse Tue 25-Dec-12 20:10:57

Can't link on my phone but google Church Farm Ardeley. I'm hoping to ho for my birthday, with dinner in the pub across the road followed by campfire and wine. The cafe does lovely breakfasts too.

Himalaya Wed 26-Dec-12 00:29:11

That looks nice! Loads of good ideas here. Right drawing up a spreadsheet and getting on with it....

marmiteandhoney Sun 30-Dec-12 22:03:06

I had my 30th birthday at The Orchard Campsite in Suffolk. Campfires very welcome, glowsticks hurled around after dark for children to scramble after. Cheap and friendly. They hired me a marquee tent for not-much-money which was really useful to gather in if it rained. I just asked everyone I invited to pay for their own pitch and to pay a fiver towards the marquee. It was brilliant smile

Kahlua4me Sun 30-Dec-12 22:13:43

Have a look at The Secret Garden in Wisbech. Fantastic site and you can book the whole place.
They have 5 secluded pitches and a big field. We booked all 5 pitches last year but stayed in the field as it as heaven, the sort of place you want to do cartwheels in!
The owners are excellent and go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. Loos and showers are hotel standard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now