Camping sleeping bags for kids...?

(7 Posts)
NumptyMum Fri 09-Nov-12 23:47:41

DH and I used to enjoy camping but haven't been since having the kids. Partly it's because we need a new tent, but also I need to get sleeping bags for the kids. Are there any in particular that people would recommend? DS is 5 and DD is 2.5.

Thanks!

KarenHL Fri 09-Nov-12 23:55:40

We took DD campring when she was 5. Got her an adult sized sleeping bag, hoping it will last a few years. It is the warmest one out of all ours I want one, mine is b*dy freezing & she sleeps v.well in it.

Mostly used now for visits to PIL (she loves it). We also got a Tesco fleecy inner liner, which she adores.

Rather than camp beds I would strongly recommend inflatable mattresses (with the pump that plugs in to the car cigarette lighter - v.quick and easy).

Mum2Fergus Sat 10-Nov-12 12:38:53

DS who is 3 has a Vango kids sleeping bag which he loves, will even use it at home instead of his duvet lol

DD (2) & DS (4) have these

They have never complained they are cold and we camp from May to September. Sometimes they have fleecy sleepsuits over their PJ's but not very often.

They pack up nice and small too

NumptyMum Sat 10-Nov-12 22:27:36

Thanks very much for the replies. I'd never thought that DS might be able just to use an adult sleeping bag, but given they are slim shaped I guess there's no reason why not. It's really DD that I'm wondering about, given she's only 2.5 - so I'll check out Vango and Regatta for her. Fleecy liner sounds great...

Thanks for the info! xx

NumptyMum Sat 10-Nov-12 22:32:56

Thinking about it, I remember my first sleeping bag was Vango, good quality but a bit bulky. I got a ££ down-filled women's one eventually, then DH managed to burn it with a lightbulb angry (long story) and it's still not been fixed. So I might need to get a new Vango one for me too...

colleysmill Mon 03-Dec-12 08:29:29

Was thinking about this thread at the weekend.

We've been looking for a bag for ds and found on Saturday a Vango wilderness convertible which has an option to unzip the bottom off the bag to make it shorter. When they grow you just add the longer end bit on! Label says should last until 125-155 cm tall. Cost 27.50 which I didn't think was too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now