airbed vs underfloor heating?

(6 Posts)
mummybear25 Tue 09-Oct-12 22:26:59

Hi - don't know if this is the best place to post this as it's not strictly camping, but I'll give it a go. DD2 is about to outgrow her travel cot and we're looking at the KAMPA airbed as the next step when we go to stay with family. However, 2 of our relatives have underfloor heating and I don't know how an airbed will work with this - will it get warm? will it weaken it? Any ideas/experience of this?

quoteunquote Wed 10-Oct-12 22:15:20

it could do,

On all underfloor heating literature, it warns that if there is not an air gap, you could create a hot spot, which could well damage an air bed but also may cause a problem with the underfloor heating. Probably could be all right for one night, but you could end up making yourself unpopular.

Any back up plans?

DowagersHump Wed 10-Oct-12 22:17:21

I have no idea how much those cost but a ReadyBed is cheap and cheerful and does the job

mummybear25 Thu 11-Oct-12 15:06:06

Thanks quoteunquote, that's saved us from making a huge mistake! At the moment she will still fit in her travel cot so we have a bit of time. The other route might be one of those camp beds on legs, but they seem very long for little ones. I haven't turned up an infant version yet. I don't suppose you've come across any?

DowagersHump - thanks for your reply. I thought ReadyBeds were like airbeds so I guess they'd be no good from what quoteunquote was saying

CaurnieBred Sat 15-Dec-12 22:02:21

I've found this one but it is in the US. Do you have anyone you know over there who could get one for you?!

littone Sat 15-Dec-12 22:14:02

I. Think you can get something similar from nursery suppliers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now