Slubbers new tent and my old tent

(34 Posts)
Caerlaverock Thu 20-Sep-12 16:33:48

I pitched my vintage canvas a frame tent at the weekend but due to camping in the forest adopting the gulag style of customer service I was forbidden from sleeping in it. It was a thing of beauty

Quenelle Fri 21-Sep-12 14:23:07

Blu - yes it was.

Slubber - we didn't get a welcome pack but we did get a map of our pitch with instructions of exactly where to put car, tent and awning. And which way the tent should face.

Mind you, the pitch opposite was filled up completely with a VW T5 camper, a caravan and a four-man tent. There were two adults. a young teenage girl and a dog staying on it.

SlubberTarpWrangler Fri 21-Sep-12 14:23:30

I am, much to my suprise, rather a fan of piped music in the lavs. Helps assist with the old <ahem> campers' bowel.

Quenelle Fri 21-Sep-12 14:26:07

I can sort of see the benefit of piped music in the toilets. Yuck to a sofa though.

DH was adamant they were piping in the sound of frogs at a site we stayed at in France this year. I'm still pretty certain it was just frogs.

Quenelle Fri 21-Sep-12 14:27:03

xpost with Slubber. That's what I was driving at.

SlubberTarpWrangler Fri 21-Sep-12 14:27:12

yy Quenelle. I got that too, the map with my tent drawn on it, and because I was camping sans A Man they also felt the need to send out an assistor on a little quad bike in case I had problems with the numbers or I dunno, tried to pitch the tent upside down.

that is rather a large amount of accomodation for a small family. maybe they all hated each other.

SlubberTarpWrangler Fri 21-Sep-12 14:29:04

The site we stayed at in Austria last year had piped music, sofas, flat screen tvs above the sinks and a little museum of tonka caravan and campervans. I marvelled.

Quenelle Fri 21-Sep-12 14:48:44

Are you sure that wasn't an actual hotel room, rather than a campsite toilet block Slubber? Did it have a big bed with the pillows plumped into the shape of bottoms? I've noticed they do that a lot in Austria/Germany.

We were the only people in our section at Kelling who didn't have a telly. But with careful positioning of our chairs we were able to watch some of the Paralympics on our neighbour's plasma TV through their caravan window.

SlubberTarpWrangler Fri 21-Sep-12 15:00:58

No no. A real and actual campsite. The doors and walls had AstroTurf on too. Was all v snazzy and moderne. Although we never saw the dds, they were always in the loos watching Jungle Book on loop on the sink TVs. Poor deprived children.

Blu Fri 21-Sep-12 19:07:11

Herstmonceux

I think the domed caravan is their new mobile observatory facility, ready to be towed to a CC authorised site near Basildon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now