Thomson al Fresco v. Eurocamp

(7 Posts)
PuffPants Fri 07-Sep-12 16:30:37

Anyone had experience of both? I am looking at a week in Le Brasilia, Languedoc (end Sept) and Thomson are offering a much cheaper deal. I've never been with either company and have zero experience of this sort of holiday! Any mobile home experts out there?

Niceweather Fri 07-Sep-12 20:17:45

I think that both are fine. There's also Canvas and Keycamp. I would shop around though as you can often book directly with the campsite.

GnomeDePlume Sat 15-Sep-12 00:46:04

I would second that both are fine. The price difference reflects IME their different pricing structures rather than any fundamental difference in quality. We have holidayed many times with Eurocamp and PiL have just come back from a holiday with Thomson al Fresco. All enjoyed themselves.

Make sure that the campsite is what you want rather than worry about the operator.

As this is your first go I would go with an operator rather than booking direct as you can be sure of getting an English speaking courier and the booking tends to be more flexible.

minxthemanx Sun 16-Sep-12 20:06:44

We went with Thomson Alfresco to Italy this year anf they were fab, BUT check Tripadvisor - when I was looking at Le Brasilia, I'm sure I read something about the Thomson caravans being near a noisy road. I maybe wrong, but have a look.

minxthemanx Sun 16-Sep-12 20:38:11

Just looked at tripadvisor again - there are a lot of comments on there about Thomson Alfresco at Le Brasilia, and also noise from road/neighbouring campsite. Worth checking out.

Can recommend Thomson Alfresco in Italy - superb.

PuffPants Sun 16-Sep-12 20:47:41

Thanks Minx, I called them and the type of caravan we are going for is apparently away from the road. They've put the smaller ones by the road this year. We're staying in a big one. At any rate, they claim the campsite owners have spent a lot of money putting up a soundproof wall hmm. We shall see! Anyway we've booked it now grin

minxthemanx Sun 16-Sep-12 20:49:17

Well done you, the actual site sounds lovely. i looked at it too, as we like to fly and get taxi transfer from airport, rather than drive or hire car.

As you're going September it won't be so noisy anyway.

Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now