recommend a caravanning gadget that you canb't live without!

(5 Posts)
KatyJ26 Fri 07-Sep-12 20:45:16

Thanks everyone - so gratefyul you took the time to post. I now have gifts sorted for Birthday and Christmas!

Pixel Fri 07-Sep-12 18:58:58

I haven't been in a caravan for years but I seem to remember the spirit level being an essential item. If we didn't get things level it was harder to empty the sink grin.
Has he already got the basic things like a step for getting in and out? A rolling water carrier so he doesn't have to carry it? Being older would he appreciate one of those door curtains that keeps bugs out? If funds allow how about a small porch awning so he has somewhere to put wet coats and boots? Some comfy chairs and maybe a little table for sitting outside?

Milliways Fri 07-Sep-12 16:55:43

How much do you want to spend?

We have a Motorhome and were given loads of stuff from an emigrating relative. Most useful bits were :
Folding Draining rack
A draining board and a draining mat to stand wet things on (soaks up the water when no room on rack)
Hand-held vacuum cleaner
Small Bin
Lightweight chopping mats / double up as placemats if needed!
Decent looking plastic wine glasses
Nice Melamine crockery (but stick to proper "china" mugs!)
A roll of non-stick matting to line all the cupboards and shelves with - stops everything falling out.

Best thing ever is the solar panel - but I imagine that will be above budget!

happyhorse Fri 07-Sep-12 16:42:44

Not a gadget, but my dad has a nice little games compendium - with chess, cards etc, that lives in their caravan for rainy days.

KatyJ26 Fri 07-Sep-12 13:11:02

Trying to buy my dad a birthday present and would like to get something useful. He has recently bought a caravan and I would like some advice on a gadget I could get him to go in it .. he is 60 something (just in case that affects what you recommend!!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now