Who's camping next weekend?

(13 Posts)
MegBusset Mon 27-Aug-12 14:01:31

We can't decide whether to go - weather looks dry but cool - at 15 degrees forecast for next Saturday, that's half what we camped in last weekend!

Inspire me with tales of where you're squeezing in a last summer trip smile

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Mon 27-Aug-12 19:19:47

Yep - going for 2 nights on Friday - At the moment we cant decide between our fave campsite nr Rhossilli, Gower - or trying something different and going inland, possibly to the Cotswolds.

It kind of depends on where we decide for our 4/5 night trip the following weekend....I quite fancy the Isle of Wight, but we may plump for Pembrokeshire.

dreckly Mon 27-Aug-12 19:26:44

Im off camping in the week!

DH, DS and I are making our annual pilgrimmage to the great dorset steam fair. I bloody LOVE it grin we had such a fab time last year and it was our first ever camping experience.

fingers crossed for some sunshine!

fluffygal Mon 27-Aug-12 19:31:07

I want to be but every campsite I ring doesn't seem to answer the phone! Grr!

happyhorse Tue 28-Aug-12 12:29:15

I'm hoping to do one night at a local site this Friday. We've had two lovely camping trips this summer holidays and it's made me wistful for more.

MummyPigsFatTummy Tue 28-Aug-12 16:38:29

Fingers crossed, off to Forgewood if they can fit us in. Third time this season - we almost might as well just move there. Can't wait...

hillbilly Tue 28-Aug-12 17:34:53

Lucky you MBFT! It's still my favourite site but alas I think we have packed away our tent for the last time this year :-(

MegBusset Tue 28-Aug-12 22:03:21

Yay we are going for Friday and Saturday nights smile at Manor Farm in East Runton.

memphis83 Tue 28-Aug-12 22:11:49

We are going on Sunday til Wednesday in Forest of Dean, our trial night was a success in terms of toddler and dog happy...I didn't sleep a wink but im still excited for next week...I also haven't looked at the weather yet!

Mum2Fergus Tue 28-Aug-12 22:49:08

Me! See '01 Sept' thread. Weather for us looking dry so far smile off to St Andrews.

macciemoo Thu 30-Aug-12 21:01:31

Bit windy at manor farm, east runton at the moment, still there should be plenty of space for you as loads of people have packed up and gone home, we're hoping to ride it out.

MegBusset Sun 02-Sep-12 18:38:58

Well we're back, we had a lovely time, good weather (bit of rain overnight but nothing too bad, def chillier than last time in the evening so glad we packed fleeces!). Packing the tent away for the year now sad

colleysmill Sun 02-Sep-12 18:48:37

We spent a night away in our newly acquired campervan - does that count?

Wasn't too nippy at night and loads people in tents, first site we tried to book was full

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now