third week of no weight loss

(7 Posts)
Lilliput Sun 20-Mar-16 09:38:36

I am using MFP to shift some winter chubbiness.
I'm 5, 2 ish and starting weight was 10 stone 6. I was given 1300 calories a day. I am moderately active though don't hit my 10000 steps every day. I jog occasionally.
First two weeks were great and got down to 10 stone. Calories readjusted to 1260. However, I have had no weight loss at all for the last 4 weeks.
Generally I am eating 1200 calories a day. I am getting really frustrated.

Lilliput Sun 20-Mar-16 10:40:14

My TDEE for weight loss is 1230 btw so MFP is reasonably accurate.
I'm married to a chef feeder so my willpower is starting to crumble if I don't see some more weight come off.

cbigs Sun 20-Mar-16 12:36:21

Really hear you op but three pounds a week in the first two is brilliant! How many pounds a week is mfp set to for you to lose?
If you average it it's still pretty good ....

AuntieStella Sun 20-Mar-16 12:42:52

I plateau-ed for over 3 weeks at the start of the year, got the weight moving downwards again, but have now stuck again.

So no, I don't have any form of solution (sorry) but am posting do you know you're not alone.

I did have a thread about my plateau, and the most useful bit of advice was to check portion sizes. And possibly the most useful thing I did was cut out the booze (both calories and the tendency to nibble or just eat more after a couple).

Idefix Sun 20-Mar-16 13:01:47

It is demoralising when this happens. As others have said go back to measuring if you have stopped. Boost you steps, try a mini challenge to increase steps.
Sorry tmi, but if you are constipated increase fibre and fluids. You can do this.

Lilliput Sun 20-Mar-16 15:07:53

I have been a bit constipated blushbut have plenty fruit veg and fluids. I allow my self half a bottle of wine on a Sunday night when dh is off and always count the calories.
I need to up the exercise I suppose.
I'm so impatient and it seems that now I'm 40 it just seems harder.

Lilliput Mon 21-Mar-16 14:14:47

Well I must have been bloated. Woke up this morning feeling 'lighter', pooed after breakfast and voila, lost a lb blush.
I've been reading about the whoosh effect so maybe it was that. I'm now 9. 13.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now