Weight loss plan starts tomorrow, anyone want to join me?

(110 Posts)
JumpingJackSprat Sun 10-Nov-13 18:25:10

I need to lose a couple of stone and though t if I start now I might have lost half a stone by Christmas - in time for Christmas parties and stuff. I lost three Stone in the last couple of years but have put one back on moving in with dp and getting too comfortable! Basically I'm intending to do myfitnesspal and the shred dvd along with trying to walk more. It worked for me before! So if anyone else is planning to start or have started then how about a moral support thread? smile I'm starting at 12.5 stone and a dress size 14... Would like to get to 10 stone and a size 10-12.

carlywurly Sun 29-Dec-13 20:07:56

How is everyone doing?

carlywurly Sat 07-Dec-13 08:19:11

I fell off the wagon properly last Christmas so I'm determined this year. It was all the 4 course meals out and sweets.

I'm going to forget trying to lose weight for a couple of weeks but if I can maintain or restrict the gain to a couple of pounds that's a bonus after last year. smile

beckslovestimmy Fri 06-Dec-13 21:22:37

Hi, I've been back on the wagon, day 2 today and I went to the gym. Feeling good. I'm going to continue over Christmas but might have a mince pie (or 2) on the day grin

Wallycobbles Fri 06-Dec-13 21:10:00

We'll done everyone, I'm still plugging away, started doing the shred, done day 11 today, and doing it 6 days a week and a level per week, don't know if that's the right way to do it, but wanted to get as much in before my party. Anyway, my weight has stayed the same, and my measurements seem to be the same but my dress now fits, not sure how that works, but yay!!

Is everyone carrying on over christmas? I'm hoping to stick to maintenance for the week then back to it in the new year.

carlywurly Fri 06-Dec-13 07:19:22

Woo hoo 11 st exactly today so that's a whole stone and a half off? Just need one more pound off to be 10 st something for our Xmas parties next weekend. So close it's frustrating!

Its not easy when there are open tubs of chocolates all around the office - 50 cals a throw and last year I could gave easily munched through 10 chocs a day!.

I love chips too - I make my own a lot with sea salt and that low day spray stuff or olive oil. Bake them for ages and they're yummy.
I then drown them in sauces which probably doesn't help grin

How is everyone else? Keep posting, I need the encouragement!

beckslovestimmy Thu 05-Dec-13 17:36:05

Yummy chips!!!! I've got a thing for waffles at the mo, yum! grin

JumpingJackSprat Thu 05-Dec-13 15:38:12

I'm having oven chips and smoked mackerel I can't wait as I've had a combination of rice, meat and vegetables all week, I need some chips dammit! I think I shall have to do the shred tonight to make up for it.

beckslovestimmy Thu 05-Dec-13 14:49:45

Not had a good few days. 2lb on hmm back on track today though with renewed motivation. Went to the gym yesterday and going tomorrow. My trainer is now away for a couple of weeks so I'm determined to lose weight and train hard while he's away. Looking forward to pasta carbonara for tea tonight! grin

JumpingJackSprat Thu 05-Dec-13 12:50:36

The thread had done a bit quiet How's everyone getting on? I've lost about 4lb in a month but can't be bothered to do the shed dvd a lot - have been doing other forms of exercise. I've just ordered my Christmas party dress and is a 12 so I hope I fit into it when it arrives!

carlywurly Sun 01-Dec-13 21:12:39

Exercise is brilliant. once you break the pain barrier I promise it's addictive. I'm so much more toned than I was, and I love that I can go out for meals or have the odd takeaway. I regularly eat more than 1200 cals by running the rest off.

Try walking and then running for 30 seconds at a time to start with. It will hurt to start with but quickly get much easier.

onlysettleforbutterflies Sun 01-Dec-13 20:06:01

I have done pretty good over the weekend, not quite as strict as I wanted to be, but eaten much less than usual.

You lot are inspiring me to exercise, it wasn't part of my plan but guess it will help lots. Going to take the stairs at work tomorrow at least, it is 5 flights! My neighbour keeps asking me to go for a run with her, too scared of looking like an idiot though, I am so unfit.

carlywurly Sun 01-Dec-13 19:43:40

I appreciate it's usually well meant but I sometimes wonder if they say it because of their own issues.

Massive gym workout this afternoon but ate back all the calories out at dinner grin I feel stuffed after one course, my appetite is not what it used to be.

JumpingJackSprat Sat 30-Nov-13 20:12:33

Really well done you guys smile I am not sure I'd I have last anything this week. .. giving the shred a miss as I went horse riding this morning but I'll be back on it Monday smile I'm still sticking to mfp. You guys are inspiring me v anyway - carly I hate it when you get the "are you eating properly" and "don't lose any more" comments ... I don'tthink people realise how much those comments can stick in your head and make it that much harder to see it through.

carlywurly Sat 30-Nov-13 19:44:44

Becks, that's a great loss in 4 weeks!

I've eaten a fair bit today but did go for a run and lots of shopping to try and off set it. I would love another 2-3 lbs before our Xmas work do in a fortnight.

beckslovestimmy Sat 30-Nov-13 11:05:28

Half a pound lost this week. I'm pleased with that as i haven't been very good! That's 9lb lost in 4 weeks. It's motivated me to get back on the diet wagon. 20 days until my works Xmas party. I'd like to lose another 4-5lb by then.

carlywurly Fri 29-Nov-13 19:15:38

I'm 11 1 today grin 3 more lbs until my initial target but I think I'll probably go on another half stone beyond that. People are starting to comment now and I'm already getting the "don't lose any more" comments and trust me, I can definitely afford to lose a bit more!

The shred is dull but it's only 20 mins and I kind of daydream my way through it. Ran this morning but ache now so think I'm going to treat myself to a lovely bath with my book.

JumpingJackSprat Thu 28-Nov-13 23:28:00

Well done so far everyone Let's keep up the momentum! ! I hadnt lost any more so I have bitten the bullet and done the shred today. I had thought I might have lost more by cutting a good 700-1000 calories a day off what I was having but nope!! I need to keep up withe the shred - is really good but does get boring.

onlysettleforbutterflies Thu 28-Nov-13 19:52:11

I think I will try and stick to Thursdays then. Nearly there carly, hope I can stick to it too, well done. Found my last weigh in slip and I have put 10lb on since aug! Pleased with day one.

carlywurly Thu 28-Nov-13 17:50:47

Hello only :0) I think we all have different days - mine has ended up being wed which is a bit random but I use the office scales (in a private room!) and weigh at 9am every week for consistency. I've lost every week for 11 weeks by using my fitness pal and eating 1200 cals a day plus anything I exercise off.
Your weight now is my first target - I'm about 4lbs off smile

onlysettleforbutterflies Thu 28-Nov-13 13:58:57

Could I join please? Before my DS I was a size 6/8, now nearly 3 years later I am a size 14, this time last year I was a 12 so its creeping up and up. I bought a dress for my christmas party in the jan sales and tried it on last night, its basically unwearable and I don't have the spare money to buy anything else. So I need to be really strict with the goal of getting in it by 20th December shock. I am crap and have such a sweet tooth and graze constantly.

Weighed myself at lunch time and I weigh 10st 11lb, I would like to be at least a stone lighter. Aiming to do the following, porridge for breakfast 200 cals, Soup for lunch 200 cals, Soup for tea 200 cals, with fruit to snack on. A proper tea 3 times a week, so kinda 5:2 ish. Anyway its a lot less calories than I was consuming.

What day do you have your weigh in?

carlywurly Mon 25-Nov-13 20:48:02

My fitness pal is fab for reining in mindless snacking! Logging it all makes you question how much you want it.

I'm up to 11 4 after being 11 2 on sat which is annoying but I think it's all hormonal water weight as I've done loads of exercise and mainly eaten well. It's so hard not to weigh yourself every day..

headoverheels Mon 25-Nov-13 13:53:58

I posted on this thread two weeks ago but have gained 2lb since then hmm.

Starting afresh today. It is 5 months till my 40th birthday and I would really like to be slimmer for that. So when I reach for a snack (I'm a mindless eater as some of you have already said) my mantra is going to be "fab at forty"!

So far I've had porridge for breakfast and prawn noodle salad (Waitrose - 167 cals) and some pineapple for lunch.

beckslovestimmy Mon 25-Nov-13 08:20:41

Thanks for the tips/ideas ladies. I'm loving the 'Meal' soups from sainsburys for lunch. There all between 200-250 calories and really filling. Much nicer to have something hot in this weather than a cold sandwich £1.60 each.

saintmerryweather Mon 25-Nov-13 07:32:31

whoops have well and truly fallen off this wagon am back up to 12st 4. i have no motivation whatsoever. back on it today

YouCanCallMeBetty Mon 25-Nov-13 07:29:09

That sounds good JumpingJackSprat. Just had porridge with banana and linseeds - actually more cals than I have been having but hopefully will keep me fullish til lunchtime... we'll see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now