Can we have a thread to list every day what we've eaten?

(376 Posts)
shiningcadence Thu 01-Aug-13 15:51:26

Hi, I've recently started cutting down ready for my holiday at the end of Aug. also my 3 year old asked me why I had a big bum grin

I'm not calorie counting per se because I haven't got the time but I've cut down lots and am eating quite healthily most days.

I'm still tempted by the odd treat though and I think a massive motivation for me would be if I knew I was coming on here every evening to list what I'd eaten that day. Does anyone else else think this would help them? If so, please join!

I also think it might be helpful to see what others are eating to give me ideas for healthy snacks and meals.

Also, is anyone excercising as well as cutting down? I haven't got the time to do any 'proper' excercise (sahm with 3 dc, dh works long hours, no family nearby etc) but I've been doing squats and arm lifts when the dc are playing and have also been hula hooping in the garden grin - I find this a really good way to tone up my stomach. What excercises are others doing? Any tips for excercises that can fit around the dc?

I will be back this evening to list what I've eaten and what excercise I've done today - hopefully this'll keep me on track this afternoon smile

ArtemisatBrauron Sat 12-Oct-13 08:11:41

Friday:

breakfast: porridge with slices of apple/pear

snacks: ginger cake, tea, 2 oat cakes with vegan marg

lunch: weird obvious leftovers in work canteen- tomato rice with prawns, chicken pieces, peas, sweetcorn and peppers. (apparently this is "paella".... ) 1/2 a clementine

dinner: slice of home-made leek and sweet potato pie, wilted curly kale, slices raw tomato, small glass of red wine

lurkingfromhome Fri 11-Oct-13 08:50:07

I've been away too, back night before last, so yesterday's food was:

breakfast natural yoghurt, raspberries, banana

snack cup of tea and a Hobnob

lunch celeriac soup, a Dr Karg with Philly lightest

snack cup of tea & dark choc rice cake

dinner lean sirloin steak, mushroom sauce, tomato, watercress, another dark choc rice cake

approx total 1200

ArtemisatBrauron Thu 10-Oct-13 19:26:25

pearl* barley

ArtemisatBrauron Thu 10-Oct-13 19:25:53

back! Have been away with work.

Today:

Breakfast: porridge with apple and pear slices

Snack: 3 x 13 calorie crackers with scrape of pate

Lunch: chicken breast with 2 tablespoons pear barley, green beans, carrots

Snack: 2 x plain 13 calorie crackers

Dinner: home-made leek and sweet potato pie with wilted curly kale, 1 glass white wine, 1 square dark chocolate

lurkingfromhome Fri 04-Oct-13 10:16:32

I know, I too am having a terrible week. Quite stressed, not much appetite, very very busy with assorted things.

Thursday was:

breakfast natural yoghurt, a peach

snack a hobnob and a cup of tea

lunch M&S filled mushrooms

snack pack mini oaty bakes

dinner a sandwich with roast chicken, wafer thin ham, salad, and a tiny bit (30g) goat's cheese

Awful. Not nearly enough veg and not enough calories. Must get myself back on track.

keiraash82 Thu 03-Oct-13 15:59:25

Wednesday

Breakfast: Weetabix raisin minis with skimmed milk

Lunch: Wholemeal sandwhich with chicken, banana, greek yogurt

Snack: Go ahead cereal bar

Dinner: Weetabix raisin minis with soya milk

Quite bad :-/ I've been in such a rush this week and have had no time to make a meal for myself! Slap on hands, next week will be better when i have more time!

ArtemisatBrauron Thu 03-Oct-13 12:43:24

Wednesday

breakfast chopped fruit with 3 table spoons plain yoghurt, small slice wholemeal toast with vegan marg and 1 teaspoon of jam

snack slice ginger cake and tea

lunch leftover stirfry (fake chicken, green beans, kale, spring onion, mushrooms with soy sauce)

dinner fish and chips (boarding house food strikes again!)

lurkingfromhome Thu 03-Oct-13 08:10:01

Wednesday for me was:

breakfast half a large fruit scone with jam

lunch a Dr karg, Philly lightest, slice wafer thin ham, an apple

dinner chicken and sweetcorn soup, sandwich made with brown soda bread, chicken, Philly lightest, wafer thin ham, rocket, tomato

snacks two squares dark chocolate

Not a good day in terms of fruit and veg - I seemed to be a bit busy to eat properly. 900 calories so not even enough food. Will eat better today.

keiraash82 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:03:33

Tuesday I had...

Breakfast: Kelloggs Bran Flakes with skimmed milk

Lunch: Banana, Greek yogurt and whole meal (Hovis nimble) sandwhich with chicken.

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Some Bran Flakes with banana

lurkingfromhome Wed 02-Oct-13 08:22:37

Tuesday for me was:

breakfast porridge, a pear, cup of earl grey

lunch chicken & sweetcorn soup, a slice of soy & linseed bread, toasted, with Philly lightest and a slice of wafer thin ham

dinner roast spatchcock chicken, roasted peppers, courgettes, squash, chickpeas, 2 tablespoons couscous

snack pack of bitsesize oaty cakes

1150 calories or thereabouts

ArtemisatBrauron Wed 02-Oct-13 07:39:08

Tuesday

breakfast chopped fruit (rasps, bluberries, pineapple, 1/2 banana) black coffee

snack slice of ginger cake, tea.

lunch stir fried prawns and vegetables with egg noodles and chopped spring onions

snack a couple of olives/artichokes etc from a plate of nibbles at work.

dinner 2 sausages, curly kale, green beans, new potatoes. 2 mint chocolate sweets.

lurkingfromhome Tue 01-Oct-13 09:58:59

Sounds like a restrained Monday, artemis. Mine was too:

breakfast natural yoghurt, peach, toasted almonds

morning snack 2 dark rye Ryvita, Philly lightest, tomato

lunch 2 M&S large filled mushrooms

dinner should have been linguine with mussels and clams but alas DH lost his ability to cook pasta and served up two bowls of barely cooked linguine angry. That went in the bin, so ended up having 2 Dr Karg, Philly lightest, wafer thin ham, an apple, a banana and one square of Divine milk chocolate.

Also went for a 30-minute run. Estimated calories 800 - eek! No wonder I was tired by 10 o'clock and woke up starving. I am cooking tonight so at least we will get a proper meal with actual veg smile

ArtemisatBrauron Mon 30-Sep-13 21:49:25

Monday

breakfast blueberries, raspberries, banana, pineapple, black coffee

lunch chicken tagine with rice, 1/2 a mini naan

snack 2 biscuits, tea

dinner leftover vegan spag bol, salad leaves

lurkingfromhome Mon 30-Sep-13 07:34:45

Sunday for me was:

no breakfast - unheard of! got up late and was dashing about doing various chores so it was midday before I knew it

lunch two dark rye Ryvita (had run out of Dr Karg), Philly lightest, tomato, bowl chicken & veg soup, apple

afternoon snack dark choc rice cake, peach, cup of tea

dinner decided not to go out for dinner but have pizza delivered from lovely pizzeria instead. Dear oh dear.

Estimated cals 1500. Amazingly I still came in at 600 under my weekly target but the pizza was definitely a mistake. Back on track today and going out for a run later so that should help.

Rummikub Mon 30-Sep-13 00:37:50

Artemis, applause for no snacks!!

Saturday I had tea and toast for breakfast. Lunch of cheesy pasta bake. Tea and malted milk biscuits. A finger of fudge. Then out for drinks, but was quite restrained and had a mojito, vodka & coke, a shot (of ? I have no idea!). I did have chips and curry sauce (yum!) it felt like I was in 'the fried chicken shop' (love that prog!)

Sunday for breakfast tea and 3 toast, fish fillet sandwich, tea and a finger of fudge.

ArtemisatBrauron Sun 29-Sep-13 23:38:53

Today (Sunday)

breakfast grapes, blueberries, chopped banana, soy yoghurt, teaspoon honey, black coffee

lunch fish finger sandwich (3 fish fingers, tomato, lettuce, 2 slices brown bread, scraping of tartare sauce) with handful of chips, 1/2 pint of cider

dinner vegan spag bol, 2 mint choco sweets

NO SNACKS!!!

ArtemisatBrauron Sun 29-Sep-13 08:45:24

Saturday

breakfast black coffee, small fry-up (1 sausage, 1 bacon, 1/2 slice black pudding (don't like it but was trying to be polite), 1/2 grilled tomato, mushrooms, scoop of beans)

lunch 4 crackers with vegan butter, an orange and two oat biscuits, water

dinner bean burger (no bun), green leaves, home-made tomato salad and 1/3 of a pot of M & S lentil and couscous salad.

snacks too much wine, handful of cashew nuts, 4 crackers, 2 amaretti biscuits

No more wine until next Saturday at least. Too many calories in itself and leads to evil grazing!!!

itried Sun 29-Sep-13 08:17:16

2 Weetabix and SS milk

Seed roll with ham, carton of plain yogurt, an apple

Sweet potato wedges and eggs.

I did walk 12 miles, though.

Not nearly enough fruit and veg :-(

lurkingfromhome Sun 29-Sep-13 08:12:16

Thanks, artemis grin Tried to get back on track yesterday; partially succeeded

breakfast natural yoghurt, half a peach, toasted almonds

lunch a Dr Karg, Philly lightest, a tomato

dinner odd combination of fridge leftovers: 2 oatcakes, Philly lightest, leftover prawns. Then a bowl of home-made chicken soup with a small slice of wholemeal soda bread; then a salad with rocket, broad beans, tomatoes, celery, radish, little bit of bacon, anchovies, hard-boiled egg (nicer than it sounds) and another small slice of soda bread

snacks couldn't walk past the amazing ice cream shop and had a small tub with spiced coconut and salted caramel flavours

Also, a 30-minute run and a lot of walking around town. Estimated cals 1230. Going out for dinner tonight but only to the pub so will try to have a main course only and choose wisely from the menu.

ArtemisatBrauron Fri 27-Sep-13 21:57:49

argh also had 2 mint chocolate sweets after dinner.

ArtemisatBrauron Fri 27-Sep-13 21:57:08

lurking don't panic - one day won't do any harm!

ArtemisatBrauron Fri 27-Sep-13 21:56:25

breakfast 1 slice toast with marmalade, black coffee

snack tea, 2 oat biscuits

lunch huge salad plate (including small portions of raw carrot and beetroot, pasta, tomato and chicken, green leaves, lentil-couscous-pecan-mint mix)

dinner tofu stirfry with carrots, onion, garlic served with home made salsa (tomatoes, coriander, garlic, onion, chillies), green leaves and 1/2 slice of bread.

snacks 2 large glasses white wine, handful of pistachio nuts

40 min run - planning to hit the road tomorrow and Sunday as well (weekend off work from boarding duties!)

lurkingfromhome Fri 27-Sep-13 20:38:47

A long run. Fingers too fat through excess cake consumption to type properly

lurkingfromhome Fri 27-Sep-13 20:30:26

I have had a terrible day. The only things I can say in my defence are that I had a healthy breakfast, I didn't have pudding with dinner and I only had one gin & slimline and half a small glass of wine. The rest of the day had cake, biscuits and fudge involved. Let's just say no more about it and start afresh tomorrow. With a long and a lot less food...

Rummikub Fri 27-Sep-13 14:51:28

Hi I have been AWOL last few days and not really planned my food well. I will start from today. Breakfast tea & toast. Lunch chicken breast sandwich, tea with malted milk biscuits, dinner will be lamb curry made with carrots and spinach with rice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now