Breastfeeding question

(4 Posts)
CareerGirl01 Fri 19-Jul-13 19:47:42

My DD2 is 10 weeks old. I'm breastfeeding almost exclusively. Now I'm 10st 2lbs and my pre pregnancy weight was 9st 7lbs. I wouldn't be so anxious about my weight apart from it seems to have stuck for the last five weeks and I can't do up my trousers! Is it because I'm not eating enough- I'm back exercising (jogging and yoga) and according to MFP eating 2000 calories a day.
All I'm worried about is that if I don't lose the weight it will be there forever!

CareerGirl01 Fri 19-Jul-13 19:51:22

I ought to add I've got PCOS - and when I weigh more than my 9st 7lbs I tend to get back symptoms such as hair growth and spots! Pregnancy kept those at bay.

EauRouge Mon 22-Jul-13 17:00:54

Your DD2 is only 10 weeks, it's perfectly normal to still have the weight on. smile There's some info on losing weight whilst breastfeeding here. A lot of breastfeeding mothers find the weight comes off in dribs and drabs rather than at a steady pace. For me it was at 3, 6 and 9 months.

CareerGirl01 Thu 25-Jul-13 08:06:30

Eau what you've said makes sense: weighed myself yesterday and I've dropped 2lbs - despite stuffing myself with flapjacks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now