anyone tried acai berry supplements

(15 Posts)
rubieblue25 Tue 18-Jun-13 14:38:52

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had tried these as i have heard amazing things about them but i was want to hear about side effects if any as they sound too good to be true. Thanks ladies

rusmum Tue 25-Jun-13 22:58:58

No but watching xx

dufflefluffle Tue 25-Jun-13 22:59:24

and me....

Yes I tried them. Absolute waste of money. They did nothing for me at all, but then I only wanted to lose about half a stone so maybe they would work if you had a lot to lose?

rubieblue25 Mon 01-Jul-13 10:25:18

I need to lose about 4 stone .Did they have any side effects like nausea .xx

geetz Mon 01-Jul-13 10:38:55

hi,I've been on the acai berry tablets since Jan,have lost nearly 2 stone.This was with diet and excersize not just the pills.I don't know how much weight loss is due to the pills if any.I have not experienced any side affects what so ever.Hope this answers your question.smile

rubieblue25 Mon 01-Jul-13 10:47:20

Thanks, 2 stone is amazing ,i have tried diet and exercise on their own and weight loss is very tiny amount ,i think the pills might give me a kick start,they are quite cheap on amazon so it couldnt hurt to try them ,thanks xx

Joey8 Thu 11-Jul-13 16:37:49

Tried them and tired the Acai berry juice - was disgusting! Did absolutely nothing! I wouldn't waste your money to be honest! x

rubieblue25 Thu 11-Jul-13 19:42:43

Hi i bought some last week, they seem to be reducing my apetite but that may because they are making me feel sick to my stomach but i will persevere for another couple of days to see if the nausea and headaches go away xx

specialsubject Thu 01-Aug-13 18:13:09

these are a noted scam with no magic weight loss properties at all.

nothing you put in your mouth helps you lose weight - unless you hold these pills between your teeth. :-) It is what you DON'T put in your mouth, coupled with burning calories by movement.

if there was a diet pill that worked, there would be no fat people.

sorry.

moustachio Fri 30-Aug-13 18:00:45

This is the story of my weightloss:

Oooh i've 'tried' and can't lose anything. <searches online and sees something 'miricle'> Ooooh lets research it. <sees millions of crap reviews amongst a couple of decent ones> Ooooh they're not that expensive, I'll try them! <Spends loads of money and doesn't lose any weight>.

Replace 'miracle' with Jodie Marsh's Semtex, Acai Berry pills etc etc etc. It's not worth it, there is no miracle pill!

moustachio Fri 30-Aug-13 18:01:14

I can't rate drinking green tea highly enough though. I've tried green tea pills too

craftycottontail Fri 30-Aug-13 18:03:57

Fifteen stone in a day!!!

moustachio Fri 30-Aug-13 18:04:12

specialsubject there are pills that make you lose weight. I've tried 'T5's'. They 100% make you do lose weight, they also screw your body up to hell and may actually be illegal by now. I used to take them when I was at university and the weight fell off me, but I didn't sleep or eat! In the end one of my house mates threw them in the bin outside to stop the rest of us taking them because they caused mood swings and depression and all sorts of chaos with our bodies. I'm still on the quest for something as good, without the side effects (hence why I though 'supplements' such as acai might be better!).

AndThatsWhatIThinkOfYou Fri 30-Aug-13 18:16:05

isn't semtex used to make bombs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now