So I charted using MFP today...

(7 Posts)

I used MFP for 8 weeks. I logged in everyday. Weighed food, recorded my drinks calories, left nothing out. I had 5 days (not together) of overeats. Most days I was under by approx 300 cals.

I am gaining. I lost 3lbs in the first week, then put it back on and more. I now weigh about 7lbs more than my starting weight.

confused

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 23-Jun-13 08:16:59

If you are eating o ly 1300 on a bad day you may not be eating enough. Have a look for the 'roadmap' threads on MFP and make sure you are eating over your Basal Metabolic Rate.

toomuch2young Sun 23-Jun-13 08:16:40

It may be worth having a blood test to rule out hypothyroidism, if you are eating so little and still gaining weight.

kefybaby Sun 23-Jun-13 08:06:11

Also things like olive oil or other dressings on salads. So many hidden calories!

BustleInYourHedgerow Sat 22-Jun-13 09:43:03

Hmm, yes to the weighing and portions, eg. portions of butter etc always seem to be my downfall. What about drinks, what are you drinking and have you included them?

Charingcrossbun Tue 18-Jun-13 20:17:32

Silly question but are you weighing food to check the portions? It can be really easy to under estimate the amounts of food.

duchesse Mon 17-Jun-13 23:06:57

And having had quite a bad and not very healthy day, during which I feel like I ate a lot, and some serious crap, it turns out that a day of over-eating unhealthy crap for me is actually 1300 kcalories. So why the flippity flip do I gain weight so consistently? I'm 5 ft 6 and used to have the metabolism of a horse (which my three oldest children currently exhibit, for now anyway...) If I even attempt to eat what others consider normal I gain 2+ kg a month. In fact since DD3 was born just under 4 years ago I've gained nearly 10 kg, and not by eating all the pies neither! Gah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now