Recipe for gingerbread men/women

(2 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

FunkyFantasticFudgeball Sat 20-Aug-16 23:21:39

I need a good recipe for making gingerbread men. I don't know where I'm going wrong.

I used a recipe from the packaging for the gingerbread man cutters, they were pale, not spicy enough and resulted in swollen, blobby, caky men. I tried Rachel Allen's recipe, something was wrong with that too, I can't even remember what. Last attempt was the biggest failure of all. I used the Felicity Cloake recipe for the perfect gingerbread, her column had not let me down before but this was spectacular. DD (4 years) and I made the dough and lovingly cut out shapes for men, women, stars and hearts and stamped snowflakes, stars, eyes and buttons and the whole lot just spread into one giant gingerbread cookie.

I love baking, I'm normally quite good at it but this one thing is letting me down badly. Can the mumsnet community help me make a spicy, sweet, non-caky gingerbread that holds it's shape when baked?

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 21-Aug-16 16:42:32

Hi, we're moving this over to our Cakes and Bakes topic now so the OP can get some help! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now