Minecraft Creeper Cake help!

(4 Posts)
noblegiraffe Wed 03-Aug-16 18:38:54

DS has requested a Creeper Cake for his birthday. My skills are about the level of cooking a sponge, covering in icing and chucking sweets on top. I'm going to aim for something like the picture I've attached, which looks doable but I have some questions:
1) I normally do an 8 inch round cake, what kind of square tin would give a similar sized cake?
2) I normally get Dr Oetker ready to roll icing, but that only has one shade of green. How do I get the different shades of green icing?
3) I've got a square icing cutter that I'm planning on using to cut out the individual squares - my fine motor skills aren't great, are there any tips on making this less fiddly/less likely to distort the squares, and what would you use to stick them to the cake?

Any help would be very gratefully received!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 03-Aug-16 18:46:14

Wow that will be great if you can pull it off.

For the different greens, could you buy white ready rolled icing and some yellow and blue colouring? Then you could mix up different shades with a bit of water and use a paintbrush to paint the icing?

A little icing sugar mixed with water can be used as 'glue'.

noblegiraffe Fri 05-Aug-16 13:21:20

Thanks, I didn't know you could mix food colouring!

MaryAll Tue 16-Aug-16 09:27:18

Oh my, what a great idea! Please, do post a picture of the result, I am so curious to see what you manage! Wish you good luck!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now