banana walnut recipe please?

(6 Posts)
indecisivedoctor Wed 27-Apr-16 16:18:04

Hello,

I've got a pile of overripe bananas and a visitor tomorrow so would really like to bake perhaps a banana walnut loaf or muffins..

Can anyone recommend a good recipe for this please? I tried a Greg Wallace on from BBC food a year or so ago and it was heinous and got binned confused

Foolproof one anyone?

Thanks

TheBestChocolateIsFree Wed 27-Apr-16 16:26:25

This is Nigella's. I find it foolproof. I don't bother with the rum raisins because the family wouldn't like them. I normally do the chocolate chip and cocoa version, but without is just as good.

indecisivedoctor Wed 27-Apr-16 17:31:18

Thank you! Will give it a go and report back..! X

indecisivedoctor Thu 28-Apr-16 19:38:04

Thank you Thebestchocolateisfree. I've no idea how to post a photo but it was s big success! Found it took less time that the recipe stated though?

TheBestChocolateIsFree Thu 28-Apr-16 19:58:34

Excellent, glad to have helped.

I cooked this the other day and my oven gave up the ghost half way through so I shoved it in a Pyrex jug and cooked it in the microwave and it still tasted perfectly edible. Now that's what I call a foolproof recipe.

annamar Thu 28-Apr-16 22:41:51

In case you need another banana recipe in the future, there are lots of recipes and tips at www.bananaloafrecipe.co.uk. You can easily add walnuts to the basic recipe (I think they call it the signature recipe) to add some crunch. I like the Banoffee Loaf cake (not exactly healthy though!). They have a useful page about knowing if your cake is cooked too and say that ovens vary on time - perhaps that's why your cake took less time. It's at www.bananaloafrecipe.co.uk/isBananaLoafCooked5Steps.html.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now