brownie birthday cake

(8 Posts)
NeedSomePeaceAndQuite Thu 10-Mar-16 11:10:19

Hi hoping someone could help me.

I like baking don't get to do it enough so not the best at it. It's my Dm birthday this weekend and she wants a brownie cake but I'm not sure the best way to do this.

Could I make brownies in round tins and sandwich them together or would frosting in the middle make this to gooey? Or is there any good ways to do it or should I just make loads of different brownies so she can have the ones she loves and new ones?

Thanks

AlbusPercival Thu 10-Mar-16 11:11:37

I would do it tray bake style, and decorate it that way?

BloddersMum Thu 10-Mar-16 11:41:29

I make the brownie recipe in the domestic goddess book by Nigella. I also pile it up in the same way as the pic on a cake stand and plonk candles in random squares. Looks lovely.
In fact I'm making another tonight!

SwearyGodmother Thu 10-Mar-16 11:46:42

I've made this BBC Good Food one a few times to great praise. Though my most successful bakes are always Hummingbird Brownies which I just stack up on a cake stand, dust with icing sugar and stick candles in them for a birthday like BloddersMum

NeedSomePeaceAndQuite Thu 10-Mar-16 17:19:15

Thank you For the help I'm going to do the hummingbird ones and get a nice stand to lay them on. Has anyone ever added anything in with them? Like cherrys?

AlbusPercival Thu 10-Mar-16 17:51:24

Mil does, delicious

NeedSomePeaceAndQuite Fri 11-Mar-16 13:50:11

Batch one of the brownies now cooking in the oven

msrisotto Fri 11-Mar-16 13:59:39

Nah, the only addition that can improve brownies IMO is ice cream

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now