Help! Need to make a paintball themed cake for next Sunday.

(3 Posts)
Girolle Mon 25-Aug-14 21:11:57

Could any of you experts give me some advice on making a paintball themed cake to feed approx 15. I was thinking of covering it in green and then adding some paintball splats and attempting to make a paintball gun/figure.

What is best to use to cover the cake - sugar paste or fondant icing (i'm a bit confused) and how do I achieve this. Do you have any recommendations for good suppliers/brands of coloured fondant? I'm not having much joy when I googled it.

Thanks in advance!!

Tinkerball Thu 28-Aug-14 11:43:26

Google paintball cake and press images, you will get loads, this is what I do when I'm looking for cake ideas and then I just copy bits!

If I'm looking for white icing I usually just buy the blocks out of Asda or Morridons, Asda also have couloured ones to. Sometimes I dye white with food paste but usually I just buy Renshaws coured icing off EBay.

Tinkerball Thu 28-Aug-14 11:45:23

Firstly cover your cake with a thin layer if buttercream icing (300g icing sugar, 175g unsalted butter and a teaspoon of vanilla paste is the recipe I use ) to act as a crumb coat the fondant will stick to. You will need to roll this out and then transfer to your cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now