Baking cakes for fund raising please share your best easiest fool proof cake recipes as I

(11 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 10-Aug-14 15:50:12

am not the best cook. I've promised dh I will bake some cakes for his work place as my hubby is raising money for a childrens charity. He is due to take part in a race event but wants to reach is target so is looking for ways to top up funds. I am a useless cook and I have a feeling dh has also asked his mum to bake who has lots more time and experience then me (that's my excuse) !! I have a feeling our baking skills will be put to a vote by dh just to make it more fun hmm (sick sense if humour) but hey it's for charity I guess!!! Please help me. I am thinking if a Victoria sponge, carrot cake, chocolate cake and maybe biscuits?? What do you think??? Pleased share fool proof recipes ideas pretty please grin

ClaimedByMe Sun 10-Aug-14 15:55:00

Nigellas malteser traybake thing, google it, i made it on friday for a fundraiser yesterday and it all sold first, easy, no actual cooking and quick.

Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 10-Aug-14 15:58:14

Oh fab will have a look.

Andcake Sun 10-Aug-14 16:08:24

Delias all in one sponge - google it really v easy for Victoria sponge but can have other flavours added.
Also fridge cake
www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolatefridgecake_74814
V easy I managed it for a thing with a tiny newborn buy the nicest chocolate you can afford and it wins - I usually mix cheap milk and posh dark - yum

msrisotto Sun 10-Aug-14 16:14:56

Awesome chocolate fudge cake which works every time
Lindy's Chocolate Fudge Cake

I also recommend fridge cake, this one is called Tiffin from the place that shall not be named wink Tiffin - Totally amazing with a mix of cranberries and raisins.

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 11-Aug-14 10:54:59

Hmm that fridge cake sounds yummy I may have to do a trial run with a few of these wink

scones made with cream works every time!

Jellylove Mon 11-Aug-14 11:04:37

This is a really easy cake recipe, mix wet into dry ingredients and bake, lemon icing also easy ��

https://meandmysecondself.wordpress.com/2014/08/02/honey-cake-with-lavender-and-rosemary/

You could make them into cup cakes probably if that's easier
Good luck!

lisaloulou84 Mon 11-Aug-14 11:19:34

For a Victoria sponge -

6oz self raising flour
6oz butter
6oz caster sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder

Cream the butter and sugar, whisk in the eggs, add the flour and baking powder. Split the mix between 2 small sandwich tins, and bake for 12-15 mins at 160. Shove some jam and cream in the middle and dust with icing sugar.

Grandmother taught me this recipe 25 yrs ago, know it by heart, never failed.

Dickorydockwhatthe Sat 23-Aug-14 22:18:32

Fantastic thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now