Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

World Cup themed cake needs a home!

(11 Posts)
RainDancer Sat 28-Jun-14 12:40:12

This is a long shot, but am wondering if anyone could make use of World Cup themed football cake I made yesterday for my daughters sports day today. It was cancelled because of weather so no need for the cake! Seems a shame for it to go to waste - I'm in Surrey (border of West Sussex) so if anyone can think of anyone that can use it please PM me. Don't think I can gift it to a kids hospice or anything as I suspect they have rules about that sort of thing being received from an unknown source!!

Lweji Sat 28-Jun-14 18:35:18

Not helpful, but can't you eat it?
Ebay with Buy it now!?
Or Freecycle. smile

CheeryName Sat 28-Jun-14 18:36:32

Oh what a shame! Cake looks great. Get the neighbours round smile

PandaG Sat 28-Jun-14 18:37:59

wow - fantastic cake! What a shame event was cancelled. Do you/partner work in an office with a few people? Bet if you took it in on Monday and raffled it in aid of the school you'd get a fair few punters.

RainDancer Sat 28-Jun-14 18:43:33

Ha Lweji! We could have eaten it, but way too much cake for two adults and a toddler, so it seemed like a waste. Dropped it off this afternoon at a local children's hospice - 'twas much appreciated :-)

cookielove Sat 28-Jun-14 18:44:18

Omg i wish I was near you, it looks so good!!

cookielove Sat 28-Jun-14 18:44:48

Tell it was fruit cake, then I won't be disappointed anymore!

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Sat 28-Jun-14 18:45:14

Good for you, hope they enjoyed it!

Lweji Sat 28-Jun-14 18:47:02

Excellent!
And you sound lovely. smile

RainDancer Sat 28-Jun-14 20:01:45

:-) Sorry cookie, it was a rather lovely Madeira ;-)

cookielove Sat 28-Jun-14 22:39:05

Saddened as I need cake, glad it went to a good home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now