Design for small cakes for childrens' sport event tomorrow - help please, I don't think England flags are a good idea any more?!!

(4 Posts)
LittleMissDisorganized Fri 20-Jun-14 15:17:03

Just as it says really. I was going to put England flags on - I'm not the most talented at sugarcraft, so much as I'd like to do mini football/ tennis pitches/courts on each cake... that's beyond me. Anyone got any ideas??

What about a Brazilian flag? With it being held in Brazil that'd be acceptable. If you can do a blue circle surrounded by a yellow diamond and a green rectangle then you're sorted smile If not a simple green icing and get a prefilled piping bag from the supermarket and mark the lines for football pitch. It's not as difficult as it sounds. Often the fancier you make it the worse it'd look and if it looks that bad secretly make out the kids did it ;) lol

LittleMissDisorganized Sat 21-Jun-14 10:35:32

Ooh, good idea.
My aunt suggested a tennis ball - yellow with the white stripe. The yellow icing hasn't gone well, it's far too yellow... I might cover it with green! - and try a pitch, maybe I should have a go. I've filled them with marshmallow fluff so they'll be yummy anyway....
Thank you so much for replying smile

SavoyCabbage Sat 21-Jun-14 10:44:15

What about just grass? Coconut mixed with green food colouring makes really good grass. You could print out a Brazilian flag and attach it to a cocktail stick and shove it in your grassy cupcake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now