Recipe for fondant fancies

(4 Posts)
Ineedmystrengthback Sun 15-Jun-14 08:57:38

I am looking for a good recipe for fondant fancies that I can make at home.
Does any-one have a recipe that they could recommend?

LittleMissDisorganized Fri 20-Jun-14 15:08:01

I made these with suggestions from my friend who had also had a try...
Make an ordinary square cake - not too deep, remember you want cubes.

Cut it into squares a little over an inch in diameter. Make a small amount of plain vanilla buttercream - make it on the stiff side, and use a teaspoon to make sure it has a round surface facing upwards.

[I'm assuming you know, or have easy access to simple recipes, to make these things]

I made fondant icing from fondant icing sugar - my friend (and Mary Berry!!) waters down solid fondant with water using a food mixer - I think that's more of a faff to be honest but MB is clearly the authority on subjects baking!! So make thick bright fondant icing. Space out your cubes and plop a spoonful on top. Once they are all done, dilute it down a bit and drizzle more over to cover the sides (they look messy at this point). Melt a few squares of dark chocolate and artistically drizzle back and forth over the dried fancies.

Voila! (here they are sharing an afternoon tea thing I did for some friends!

SundayLieIn Fri 20-Jun-14 15:13:38

I have made them before from a recipe in a tesco checkout magazine (think it might have been a mothers day present idea, from memory) and they turned out very well, and were worth the fiddle.

The recipe is here

Ineedmystrengthback Sun 22-Jun-14 08:43:04

Littlemissdisorganised they look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your tips too, yes I do have the recipes to support and do bake a lot but couldn't quite get my head together with how to make these.

Thank you for the link Sundayliein I have book marked it.

I am inspired now to go and make these and have afternoon tea in the sunshine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now