Ideas for drying fondant shapes

(7 Posts)
Smellga Fri 25-Apr-14 20:10:57

Hi, so at the beginning of the week I made a number of fondant object to go on to a cake for Sunday. But they are quite large and still not dry, particularly the centre piece. I'm starting to panic as I need to make the cake tomorrow. Any ideas on how to help them dry out would be greatly received !

cookielove Fri 25-Apr-14 20:12:54

Put them on a baking tray and then in place in the oven on a a low heat?

Smellga Fri 25-Apr-14 20:22:47

How long for ?

LizzieMint Fri 25-Apr-14 20:36:20

If you can put your oven on with just the fan, or if you have a defrost setting, that will work. If you can't, I'd be wary about it as even the lowest setting might melt your fondant.
Failing that do you have a fan? Airing cupboard? Hair dryer on cold?

LizzieMint Fri 25-Apr-14 20:37:22

Just thinking, what are the pieces and what shape/size are they? How are you arranging them? Could you alter the arrangement so they don't have to be bone dry?

cookielove Fri 25-Apr-14 20:38:11

Hmmmmm not sure! I would think an airing cupboard would work to!

Smellga Fri 25-Apr-14 20:42:40

Its a hungry caterpillar and all the food he ate. I'm not so worried about food as Its going to go around the cake. But the caterpillar cake topper took on a life of its own in creation and is a bit large! Not quite sure it will be able to hold its own weight if not dry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now