Making decorations in advance

(3 Posts)
Funghoul Tue 22-Apr-14 20:36:24

Dd is 1 in 3 weeks. My grandad very kindly bought me a cake tin shaped as a rabbit, but it is far too small for the number of people eating the cake. I had the idea of making a rabbit cake then putting it on top of a round cake. I'm going to ice the round cake green and decorate with flowers and butterflies and the like so the rabbit is in a field!

I've made flowers and such before, and I know I need to leave more time than I have previously for them to dry, but how far in advance can I make them? Is a week ok? 2 weeks? For the amount I need, it's a weekend job making them.

Thank you

As long in advance as you can, especially if you want them to retain their shape. Once they are made and dry enough to hold their shape, store them in a cardboard box as they will sweat in an airtight box.

Funghoul Tue 22-Apr-14 20:48:56

Thank you. Have also liberated some pill boxes from my grandad that will be perfect size for helping them dry in shape (will be well washed!) Will start this weekend thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now