Best loaf cake recipes please?

(12 Posts)

I bake for the staffroom most weeks, loaf cakes go down well because they are sturdy and easy to slice. What are your favourite recipes?

ThursdayConsuelaLast Fri 18-Apr-14 11:53:04

I use ground almonds instead of the poncey hazelnut tip
It's super delicious and always a hit

Ooh that looks nice thank you.

orangepudding Fri 18-Apr-14 11:57:25

foodiefrolics.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/cardamon-loaf/ This cardamom loaf is lovely, it's great with some ole on zest added too.

orangepudding Fri 18-Apr-14 11:57:50

Lemon zest not ole on!

ThursdayConsuelaLast Fri 18-Apr-14 11:58:31

Mmm ole on zest, delicious wink

really1234 Fri 18-Apr-14 11:59:42

Lemon drizzle
Bbc website has the tana Ramsey recipe which works well I find.

I make this lemon cake regularly. It's incredibly easy and very very nice.

storynanny2 Mon 05-May-14 21:18:11

Belgian loaf cake ( but can be any shape)

Cup of sugar, cup of milk, cup of sultanas, 4oz marg - dissolve gently in a saucepan.
Remove from heat and stir in 8pz sr flour and teaspoon of mixed spice.
Cook for 40 mins at gas no 4.

Easiest cake in the world and always goes down well. You may want to translate the vintage ingredient weights! I have made this in every shape and size since 1975.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Mon 05-May-14 21:19:43

Delia's banana and walnut loaf is fab - and i sometimes chuck in some choc chips

WillGardnersNose Mon 05-May-14 21:20:33

tanya ramsey's lemon drizzle on the good food website

WillGardnersNose Mon 05-May-14 21:24:12

although today I have made this

www.mysupermarket.co.uk/morrisons-price-comparison/home_baking/wrights_ginger_cake_mix_500g.html

now i'm not one for cake mixes but today I was desperate so I used one for the first time in my life. That mix has turned out a beautiful ginger loaf cake - literally just from adding water and oil and mixing, granted I also added some finely chopped dates to it so it is more of a sticky toffee pudding mix, BUT it is lovely and gingery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now