your best Flapjack recipe please

(7 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Fri 18-Apr-14 11:22:04

my Ds had thes eon a school trip one of the teachers had made them and he raved about them ... he wants me to make some today...

do you have a really good recipe or is it just the simple basic one Ive read on line

longtallsally2 Fri 18-Apr-14 11:32:13

350 g rolled oats (preferably the large ones)
75g brown sugar
240 g butter
3 tablespoons golden syrup

Preheat oven. Melt butter and sugar and syrup in pan, and stir in the oats. Add sultanas/cranberries/chopped apricots as desired. Cover baking tray with greaseproof paper, spread over tray and bake for 15 mins until golden brown on gas mark 6.

You can of course do smaller quantities if you have a smaller baking tray than me. I find it best to cover the whole tray. I have found that you can vary the quantities if you want to - a few ounces here or there make no difference but the cooking is important - keep an eye on them to make sure they don't over cook, but they need to be going brown so that they aren't too crumbly. Good luck.

momb Fri 18-Apr-14 11:40:59

I prefer crispy ones so use 5oz demerara, 5oz butter, heated until the sugar dissolves. Stir in 7oz oats, put into lined tin, bake until golden.
cut/mark while warm remove from tin once cold. Crispy and crumbly, not like the bought soggy ones.

KuppiKahvia Fri 18-Apr-14 11:41:23

Soup dragons recipe from here is the best ever, I agree with her on leaving the sugar out.

I add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds an choose ovate chips. I also make double do that I'm using a full tin of condensed milk, they keep well.

KuppiKahvia Fri 18-Apr-14 11:42:05

Meant to say, small oats are best, I use tesco value!

hulahoopsilove Fri 18-Apr-14 11:48:45

ummm Ive gone with Mary Berry's - will see how these turn out!

thank you though

KuppiKahvia Fri 18-Apr-14 20:26:35

So how did the flapjacks turn out hula?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now