Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Disney Frozen cake - come and improve my ideas please

(3 Posts)

Dd's 6th birthday in a couple of weeks. I'm going to try a Disney frozen themed cake. My plan is to make two Victoria sponge cakes, one larger than the other and make a kind of tower. Thought I'd cover both in white icing. I've bought ice blue icing and some snowflake cutters so plan to make different sized snowflakes and stick them all over the cakes. I've got ribbon in the same colour blue to cover up the inevitable bodge ups with the edges.
I've got little Elsa and Anna figurines.
So what else? I've seen on the internet fabulous looking shards of blue sugar that look like ice but no idea how to make such a thing. Might try a kind of blue carpet of icing going up the tower.

LizzieMint Sun 13-Apr-14 22:27:53

Shards of sugar you can make by boiling sugar and syrup (ordinary golden syrup is fine, but will give you a yellowish colour).

Can you make royal icing and pipe it into icicles? You can also buy pearlescent spray (I think our tesco has it) which gives a nice shimmery effect for snow. Roll some white icing into balls and make an Olaf?

Great ideas, thanks. May try the spray rather than attempt boiling sugar. My last attempt was when I was 15 and I nearly burned the house down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now