Cheese cake...please can you give me your best ever recipe...

(27 Posts)
Doshusallie Thu 10-Apr-14 20:59:26

I am going to make one for our Easter lunch pudding and would love to know which one you think is the best.

TIA!

atthestrokeoftwelve Thu 10-Apr-14 21:08:45

I don'y have a recipe but my favoutite is lemon and sultana.

MaureenMLove Thu 10-Apr-14 21:11:21

Mine is quick, easy and a winner!

1 package of ginger nut biscuits for the base, crushed and mixed with 3oz of butter

2 tubs of mascapone cheese, the zest and juice of 2 limes and 3oz of icing sugar.

Bung it on top of the base and job done!

(this recipe won me a holiday on here once!grin)

curiousuze Thu 10-Apr-14 21:12:34

Yes yes yes to ginger nut base!

Doshusallie Thu 10-Apr-14 21:12:50

Ooh thanks Maureen...what would you suggest I decorate it with to make it look pretty for the table?

MaureenMLove Thu 10-Apr-14 21:13:29

Chocolate shavings and some mint leaves!

Mignonette Thu 10-Apr-14 21:14:55

The Juniors Restaurant in Brooklyn has a recipe that was/is voted the best cheesecake in NYC. That is good enough for me and we have made it countless times over the last fifteen years. I have yet to find a single person who after having tried it, isn't rolling their eyes with pleasure.

And here it is. The bottom layer is a thin sponge cake, not claggy crushed Digestives, making this THE classic New York Jewish cooked cheesecake.

EBearhug Thu 10-Apr-14 21:19:55

1 package of ginger nut biscuits for the base, crushed and mixed with 3oz of butter

2 tubs of mascapone cheese, the zest and juice of 2 limes and 3oz of icing sugar.

I do this, (I think it was originally a Sainsbury's recipe card when I was at uni,) but I usually substitute one of the tubs of mascarpone for one of ricotta (so half mascarpone and half ricotta - the 250g tubs.)

I also usually use 3 limes, as it makes it a bit sharper, which I like, but basically, you do it to taste, as it doesn't bake. It makes it a bit more liquid, but you just mix the cheese/lime juice/sugar for a bit longer and stick it in the fridge. If you do a taste test on the mix, remember you do need to leave some to make up the cheesecake...

I tend to just decorate it with curls of lime zest.

Having a sponge cake bottom is not a good improvement. It needs crispy biscuity-ness.

ThePearShapedToad Thu 10-Apr-14 21:21:34

<jumps up and down>

THIS

Nutella nigella yumminess

Doshusallie Thu 10-Apr-14 21:39:54

Ooh toad that looks very very norty...love nigella....

Doshusallie Thu 10-Apr-14 21:41:09

Ex ear...good idea re half ricotta/marscarpone

Doshusallie Thu 10-Apr-14 21:41:22

*ebear

ThePearShapedToad Thu 10-Apr-14 21:43:55

'Tis extremely naughty wink

'Tis also...... <passes out in dribbling mess>

kiwidreamer Sat 12-Apr-14 16:20:15

If you search on here for Baileys and Toblerone cheesecake you should find the recipe for hands down the most fabulous cheesecake in the entire world! I made it for Xmas with raspberries and crumbled toblerone on top, calorific but gorgeous!!!

Wittsend13 Sat 12-Apr-14 16:21:18

Nigella does an amazing chocolate and lime baked cheesecake. It's heaven! It's on nigella.com

Doshusallie Sat 12-Apr-14 21:47:33

Omigod spoilt for choice now!!

Slainte Sun 13-Apr-14 17:19:40

I love Jamie's baked cheesecake. Yum!

Shosha1 Sun 13-Apr-14 17:23:01

white Chocolate and Berry is just or

Shosha1 Sun 13-Apr-14 17:23:41

Ahhhhhh is just lovely. Everybody loves it
Just don't count the calories

piscivorous Sun 13-Apr-14 18:08:20

I prefer baked cheesecakes to the fridge ones, I love the crumby texture in preference to the smooth.

I am going to make a lemon cheesecake (very old recipe from one of my mum's books but similar to the Jamie one) and a pear chocolate frangipane tart

Foxsticks Sun 13-Apr-14 18:11:57

I do a gingernut base too and mix mascarpone with lemon curd to taste then chill. Dead easy lemon cheesecake. I normally decorate with strawberries.

Mine is based on the old sainsbury recipe card too!

Chewbecca Sun 13-Apr-14 18:13:54

I love this Raspberry and White choc recipe, so easy & yummy. Just need to be careful melting the chocolate, don't over-do it, otherwise it goes crystal-like, keep checking and stirring.

Ingredients

150g digestive biscuits crushed, 75g Butter melted, 400g white chocolate broken into pieces, 65g Butter, 2 tsp vanilla extract,500g mascarpone,50g caster sugar,180ml whipping cream, 1 punnet frozen Raspberries
Method

Melt butter, add crushed biscuits (I blitz mine in food processor) and press onto base of 23cm springform tin.
Place chocolate, butter and vanilla extract into a bowl and microwave on medium power for 3 mins.
In food processor mix together the mascarpone, sugar and whipping cream to a smooth consistency.
Stir the chocolate into the cream mixture.
Gently stir in the punnet of raspberries.
Spoon the mixture on top of the biscuit base and place in the fridge to set overnight.

Foxsticks Sun 13-Apr-14 18:18:59

I've just noticed that you are doing this for easter - I'm going to try this one creme egg cheesecake

Foxsticks Sun 13-Apr-14 18:20:58

this also looks delicious although not a cheesecake.

sarahandduck Sun 13-Apr-14 18:22:01

Not a cheesecake as such, but it's my go to summer dessert and totally delicious. It can be made in advance too.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2300/summer-berry-mousse-cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now