Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

icing and cake question please

(5 Posts)
SmileAndNod Thu 27-Mar-14 20:25:57

Hello I'm making cakes for a baptism at the weekend and need to do as much as possible tomorrow really (in a couple of hours). I plan to do cupcakes with lots of buttercream icing for the children, butterfly cakes, carrot cake, lemon drizzle, Victoria sponge. Maybe something else too?

So the question is, can I make these cakes tomorrow and freeze them until Saturday or Sunday? When is the earliest I can do the buttercream and decorate? And what about cream cheese icing? I will have a little bit of fridge space, and can put some in cool boxes overnight until Sunday if that will help.

It all seemed such a good idea at the time smile.

SmileAndNod Thu 27-Mar-14 21:32:20

Hopeful bump please..

Perfectlypurple Thu 27-Mar-14 21:34:57

Yes you can freeze them and I would do the decorating sometime saturday. Although I wouldn't freeze them. They will be fine made 2 days ahead

SmileAndNod Fri 28-Mar-14 08:29:50

Thank you for the reply. Wonky cakes confused are now out of the oven cooling.

Would so love to make fabulous perfect cakes <sigh>

LizzieMint Fri 28-Mar-14 12:02:31

Cream cheese icing should be kept in the fridge really, it doesn't have enough sugar in to preserve it, unlike buttercream which is fine out of the fridge. Good luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now