Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Do you make cakes for people who have differing tastes or dietary requirements?

(2 Posts)
onetiredmummy Thu 20-Mar-14 11:08:23

I have just had the best idea! smile If I make a cake usually I have to cater for; a vegan, non vegans who don't like icing or butter cream & those that love it all . So I make a vegan cake & ice half of it to save people scraping buttercream off shock & that way everyone is happy. Until they start moaning that a traditional cake tastes nicer than a vegan cake.

But I've just found the best mould ever! I'll see if I can link it in a bit, its a farm cake mould with a farmhouse, barn, tractor & kennel all in separate bits of the mould. So I'm going to do a vegan cake mix for the barn then split the farmhouse in 2, on the bottom half it will be plain sponge with a bit of jam to sandwich it to the top half which will have a buttercream roof! Everyone has the cake they like from one mould!

I also think I can use it for Christmases if I hang it all with edible coloured lights, its not a use once mould.

www.lakeland.co.uk/18636/Silicone-Farmhouse-Mould

I'm really excited about it! grin

Mogz Thu 20-Mar-14 16:41:14

Just be warned some vegans get upset if their food has been in contact with no vegan food
Sounds tasty though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now