help me make this post box cake

(7 Posts)
MikeLitoris Mon 17-Mar-14 20:40:10

Making this for a friend at the end of the month.

I was thinking an 8inch round stacked high with a 9inch on top to create the lip. (Dowels and thin card in the middle and under the 9inch?)

I'm dreading making the man most of all. I am rubbish at figures!

nannycook Mon 17-Mar-14 22:01:29

Mmm Mike, gonna have a think about this, not sure how I'd tackle this if i'm honest. Love all your cakes in the other thread, really good.

He's a seated figure so not too bad, Mike. At least he doesn't have to stand up, and can lean on the postbox so in fact doesn't even have to sit up (I always find my figures topple slowly backwards over time hmm)

How many does it have to feed? A high enough stack of 8" cakes to be vaguely in proportion would be a lot of cake. Do you have a 6" tin?

Definitely dowels and boards in the middle and under the top one, though.

Seminyak Tue 18-Mar-14 14:39:36

Coooooool!!!!!

I bloody hate make figures.

Not much help, sorry. But looks fun! smile

MikeLitoris Tue 18-Mar-14 14:43:48

Its for 25 stealth by these people like cake a lot so more like 35 with the portions they cut!

I'm going to have a try at the figure this weekend if I get time. Bloody job always gets in the way of my cakey fun.

MikeLitoris Tue 18-Mar-14 14:49:35

I'm going for this post box with the figure from the other one.

MikeLitoris Fri 28-Mar-14 14:58:58

The cake has just been collected and she loved it. I wasn't happy with the figure but it wasn't terrible considering it was my first go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now