YOU MUST COME AND LOOK AT THIS CAKE! And imagine the recipe

(9 Posts)
Quinteszilla Mon 10-Mar-14 11:06:53

https://www.facebook.com/CountryLifeAndOtherPassions

The chocolate cake with rasberries, what is it? Any idea?

I need it!

It looks like a rich, moist chocolate sponge (maybe made with melted dark chocolate, and ground almonds replacing some of the flour, for added squidginess), with a filling of cream with crushed/macerated raspberries in it, and a ganache topping. Ganache is easy - grate or chop the dark chocolate, and put it in a bowl. Bring double cream almost to the boil, and pour onto the chocolate - stir while the chocolate melts into the cream. Allow to cool a little before pouring over the cake - it will set to a soft, glossy finish.

Incidentally, one of my family's favourite 'treat' puddings is raspberries and white chocolate ganache. Make exactly the same way as the dark choc version above, and then pour over fresh raspberries, and chill. It is indescribably gorgeous - unctuous, creamy, sweet and with the tang of the fresh raspberries.

Quinteszilla Mon 10-Mar-14 13:33:53

Thanks, that sounds like it could be it, and it sounds utterly delicious. Will have to try!

MikeLitoris Mon 10-Mar-14 14:08:10

I made an egg free choc cake that looked like that. Looks delicious

If you need anyone to come and sample it when you do make it, Quint - I am always available. [helpful]

Quinteszilla Mon 10-Mar-14 14:46:49

grin I will message you a slice!

I have a choc cake recipe that turns out looking like that one, filled with fresh cream and squidged raspberries or vanilla buttercream with squidged raspberries mixed in at the last minute. Topped with dark choc ganache.

offblackeggshell Mon 10-Mar-14 14:58:21

There is a Jamie Oliver party cake that is just like that. Absolutely gorgeous, and our number one favourite family birthday cake.

It's in the Naked Chef I think, but is also listed here…

chocolate lovliness

It has lots of fruit in too, so must be healthy! grin

elsielegallez Thu 13-Mar-14 17:54:03

Can't see the picture but this chocolate and raspberry cake is delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now