Flapjacks

(9 Posts)
Laststop Sun 02-Mar-14 20:56:14

Please help I need a idiots guide to flapjack as i offered to make some for work I don't know why as I am terrible at baking

CalamitouslyWrong Sun 02-Mar-14 21:02:32

You want soupdragon's recipe on this thread. Lovely and soft.

I put in honey rather than syrup, because I never have syrup in the cupboard. Apparently you can leave the sugar out entirely too, or half the quantities. The secret is the condensed milk.

nannycook Sun 02-Mar-14 21:15:14

Soon gonna try these.

nannycook Sun 02-Mar-14 21:16:38

Soon gonna try these.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 02-Mar-14 21:16:44

You can't go wrong with soupdragons recipe grin

thoughtsbecomethings Sun 02-Mar-14 21:18:14

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1148640/yummy-golden-syrup-flapjacks

These are wonderful, so easy an all in one method the best I have made.

fuzzle Sat 08-Mar-14 23:36:08

If I'm going to be just a bit neurotic (name gives away profession), every flapjack recipe I have ever come across is loaded with butter, sugar/syrup/honey.
If you're after a healthier version, I developed my own using ripe bananas, oats, milk, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, frozen berries with a bit of honey if extra sweetness is needed.
I know they may not be as gooey and sweet and lovely as traditional flapjack recipes, but my lot (7, 4 and 2) seem to get on quite well with them if they're hungry enough. My 2 year old is going through a 'tricky' feeding stage, so he has some dunked in to milk in the morning.
'Ere y'ar.......Seriously Healthy Flapjacks

ContentedSidewinder Fri 04-Apr-14 16:54:15

sarah do they taste anything remotely banana like? I have a son who eats all manner of fruit but doesn't like bananas but I would love a healthier flapjack recipe.

I currently use Annabel Karmel and substitute blueberries instead of apple, and they contain cranberries, apricots, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc but it still has a hell of a lot of sugar, butter and golden syrup.

But I will definitely be making Soupdragon's flapjacks. I am all about stuff in moderation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now