Has anyone got a tried and tested brioche loaf/crown recipe...

(8 Posts)

because the Paul Hollywood one just isn't working for me. I have tried it several times, and even left it to rise until the gluten structure is close to collapse but the dough is just too tight and doesn't quite have that lovely light texture that you get when you buy it from Tesco hmm

I am starting to wonder whether a recipe with a sponge starter would be better, but either way I would like any tips you have to share to get that lovely airiness I am lacking.

Midori1999 Sun 09-Feb-14 21:05:32

I was going to suggest the PH one. I'm rubbish at any sort of bread, but his recipes work for me, although I find they need to be much wetter than I would have thought.

This is my PH brioche (I added choc chips)

The PH one works here as well. Damn my low carb diet grin

oh arse it must be something I'm doing wrong then.

Coming to this late but I would recommend Dan Lepard's recipe. I made it after completing a set of night shifts and it came out beautifully so it must be fairly foolproof!

Thank you mrsminiverscharlady. Unfortunately my brioche experiments have had to come to an end as a week ago we've figured out ds3 is allergic to milk. I'm not sure making it with vitalite and coconut milk would really be worth it sad

Oh no sad I guess you'll have to wait until he leaves home to have another go grin

grin I'm going to have a long wait then, he's only 10 weeks old. DS2 grew out of his milk allergy when he was about a year old so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now