Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Gluten free & Nut free cakes and biscuits

(4 Posts)
SoulJacker Fri 07-Feb-14 11:09:31

I'm going to be house sharing shortly with someone who has a fairly serious nut allergy and I've realised that nearly all my gluten free recipes rely on nuts in one form or another.

Looking for recipe suggestions for cakes and/or biscuits that don't include nuts.

hazeyjane Fri 07-Feb-14 11:11:34

I use Doves Farm all purpose flour and just replace the flour in standard recipes - Nigellas brownies are particularly popular. I have more success with cakes than biscuits!

SoulJacker Fri 07-Feb-14 11:18:34

The Nigella brownies I normally make are flour free and have ground almonds in, do you have a link to the other recipe?

I've had mixed results with just replacing flour with doves farm gf flour in the past, maybe i just need to do some more experimenting?

Twilightsparklesmama Thu 20-Feb-14 22:55:23

I recently made some lovely GF biscuits

100g corn flour
160g gf plain flour
175g butter
4 tbsp icing sugar
4 tbsp caster sugar
1 egg

Mix dry ingredients together then mix in butter with hands to form crumbs add egg to make dough chill in fridge for 1hr roll out cut into shapes bake 180 until golden. Kept for a few days in airtight tub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now