Cake Pops and cake pop maker

(12 Posts)
henryscatoscar Mon 20-Jan-14 11:28:08

HI, My wife is adament about having decorated cake pops at our sons birthday. we've been looking at a cake pop maker. There are loads and many different prices. has anyone used one or have any recommendations? please. any tips
thanks

Domus Mon 20-Jan-14 11:45:32

We have made them at school using trays like these You don't need a machine. Cheaper versions of the trays are available all over the place, although cake pops seem like an awful lot of effort for one mouthful to me grin

MikeLitoris Mon 20-Jan-14 16:12:20

I've got the lakeland one and it it so easy to use.

Iirc it was £20. The cake pops are quite small though.

grassroots Mon 20-Jan-14 16:19:30

Not sure how old your son is, but would you be interested in a (slightly easier and cheaper) alternative? We have had lots of success with plain breadsticks dipped in melted chocolate and coated in sprinkles/edible glitter etc etc If you use white chocolate you can colour coordinate to pretty much any theme. Just a thought.

elsielegallez Sun 26-Jan-14 22:05:11

My cousin had one for Christmas (I think it was the Lakeland one) - it was actually very quick and easy to use.

whatsonyourplate Tue 28-Jan-14 16:58:11

Dunelm mill have the baby cakes cake pop maker that makes 12 at a time, for £13.99
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/babycakes-cake-pop-maker-396903
I've got one and it makes really nice cakes. I don't find the decorating very easy though.

Isaidno Tue 28-Jan-14 16:59:56

I made cake pops at the weekend. Never again.

Taffeta Wed 29-Jan-14 20:27:39

Yes they are a massive faff. From now on I am making marshmallow ones like this.

AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 29-Jan-14 20:34:10

I helped a friend make 80 cake pops for her DDs party. We used a cake pop machine but it still took three of us 7 hours to make and decorate them. It was fun but I wouldn't do it again!

AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 29-Jan-14 20:35:42

Taffeta they look great!

Anja1Cam Thu 30-Jan-14 10:04:31

Aren't original cake pops just cake crumbs mixed with icing/frosting/buttercream and rolled into balls then decorated? I've only ever had one (and that was enough!) And it was like that. Super-sweet. No machine or mould needed.

Google some recipes and you might be surprised...

Anja1Cam Thu 30-Jan-14 10:08:53

Ohh Taffeta thanks for the link, they look perfect for a party!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now