Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Cake Pops and cake pop maker

(12 Posts)
henryscatoscar Mon 20-Jan-14 11:28:08

HI, My wife is adament about having decorated cake pops at our sons birthday. we've been looking at a cake pop maker. There are loads and many different prices. has anyone used one or have any recommendations? please. any tips
thanks

Domus Mon 20-Jan-14 11:45:32

We have made them at school using trays like these You don't need a machine. Cheaper versions of the trays are available all over the place, although cake pops seem like an awful lot of effort for one mouthful to me grin

MikeLitoris Mon 20-Jan-14 16:12:20

I've got the lakeland one and it it so easy to use.

Iirc it was £20. The cake pops are quite small though.

grassroots Mon 20-Jan-14 16:19:30

Not sure how old your son is, but would you be interested in a (slightly easier and cheaper) alternative? We have had lots of success with plain breadsticks dipped in melted chocolate and coated in sprinkles/edible glitter etc etc If you use white chocolate you can colour coordinate to pretty much any theme. Just a thought.

elsielegallez Sun 26-Jan-14 22:05:11

My cousin had one for Christmas (I think it was the Lakeland one) - it was actually very quick and easy to use.

whatsonyourplate Tue 28-Jan-14 16:58:11

Dunelm mill have the baby cakes cake pop maker that makes 12 at a time, for £13.99
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/babycakes-cake-pop-maker-396903
I've got one and it makes really nice cakes. I don't find the decorating very easy though.

Isaidno Tue 28-Jan-14 16:59:56

I made cake pops at the weekend. Never again.

Taffeta Wed 29-Jan-14 20:27:39

Yes they are a massive faff. From now on I am making marshmallow ones like this.

AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 29-Jan-14 20:34:10

I helped a friend make 80 cake pops for her DDs party. We used a cake pop machine but it still took three of us 7 hours to make and decorate them. It was fun but I wouldn't do it again!

AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 29-Jan-14 20:35:42

Taffeta they look great!

Anja1Cam Thu 30-Jan-14 10:04:31

Aren't original cake pops just cake crumbs mixed with icing/frosting/buttercream and rolled into balls then decorated? I've only ever had one (and that was enough!) And it was like that. Super-sweet. No machine or mould needed.

Google some recipes and you might be surprised...

Anja1Cam Thu 30-Jan-14 10:08:53

Ohh Taffeta thanks for the link, they look perfect for a party!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now