Best shop bought cupcakes?

(9 Posts)
Pusspuss1 Mon 20-Jan-14 08:23:34

I have accidentally promised my mum that I'll make some cupcakes for an upcoming family event next weekend. Normally I quite like making them, but I'll have guests staying and now realise it will be a bit of a hassle which I'd rather avoid, so I think I'll buy some instead. I might get some decorative bits to personalise them with though.

Could you please tell me who does the best bought cupcakes with buttercream icing?! I live in NW London, in case that's relevant. Thanks so much in advance! xx

DrNick Mon 20-Jan-14 08:25:08

god no - make them

Pusspuss1 Mon 20-Jan-14 14:44:36

Not really the answer I was looking for! Anyone?

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 20-Jan-14 15:50:59

M&S? But it will be pricey to buy the numbers that you need.

I baked 40 cupcakes the night before my sisters 21st & then iced them on the morning while eating my breakfast! I had people staying over as well so ropped them into decorating with me & it didn't take v long for 4 of us to ice 10 cakes each.

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 20-Jan-14 15:56:00
Pusspuss1 Tue 21-Jan-14 07:55:20

Thanks Ms Asprey - I'll have a look!

Hoppinggreen Fri 24-Jan-14 21:16:17

I had a last minute disaster for my daughters birthday and ended up getting some from my Sainsburys bakery counter.
I went in a few days before and they had them ready when I wanted them. They were £6.50 for 12 and to be honest I wasn't expecting much but thought 8 year olds aren't tht discerning BUT they were amazing!!!
Some of the nicest cupcakes I've had to be honest, even the ones costing £3 each from posh bakeries.
I asked for chocolate, vanilla and red velvet and specified the toppers.
DefinTely recommend them

silver28 Sun 26-Jan-14 18:32:27

Sounds like m&s or sainsburys could be the places to go, but if you want to make them but just don have time that weekend then you could make ahead and freeze them. Then just ice them on the day which shouldn't take long (could even make buttercream up in advance).

McBaby Sat 22-Feb-14 07:06:02

Hummingbird delivery. Amazing and you can have plain ice in to add anything your self on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now