Best banana bread recipes please!

(14 Posts)
DoItTooJulia Fri 17-Jan-14 08:21:55

I've got a lot of wholemeal flour to use up and bananas....

Anyone got any good recipes?

ThursdayLast Fri 17-Jan-14 08:32:37

This doesn't say whole meal flour, but I don't see why you couldn't just swap it...
This is bloody delicious, the only thing that'll make me eat a banana!
Nigel Slater Black Banana Loaf

DoItTooJulia Fri 17-Jan-14 08:59:02

Looks lush?, THANKYOU!

DoItTooJulia Fri 17-Jan-14 09:04:14

No idea what happened to my post. It was meant to look like this...

Looks lush! Thank you!

blueberrycupcake Fri 17-Jan-14 09:08:27

I've just finished a banana and walnut loaf that I made at the start of the week. I'm on my phone so can't link the recipe. Sorry. Several people tried the loaf and they all liked it. I usually make banana and raisin cakes but the walnut one was much better.

ThursdayLast Fri 17-Jan-14 09:12:31

I just remembered it says hazelnuts doesn't it? And roast them yourself?
I admit to rolling my eyes at Nigel at that,and just crack open the bag of ground almonds!

DoItTooJulia Fri 17-Jan-14 09:44:57

Ground almonds I have!

DoItTooJulia Sun 19-Jan-14 18:42:15

Just to et you know I made the Nigel slater recipe yesterday afternoon and it's a hit. It's supposed to be for an after school snack, but they'll be none left for tomorrow!

Laquila Sun 19-Jan-14 21:43:32

The "jacked up banana bread" on smittenkitchen.com is lovely

baggyb Sun 19-Jan-14 21:44:37

The Hummingbird Bakery 1st book has a lovely one!

ThursdayLast Sun 19-Jan-14 22:05:28

Brilliant! I'm so glad you like it!
Personally I think the secret is in the vast amounts of different sugars wink but it's tasty all the same

Breadandwine Mon 20-Jan-14 14:44:13

Here's a different take on banana bread - probably too late for you this time, Julia! grin

nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/chocolate-and-banana-bread.html

There's quite a few variations on a theme, there, as you'll see. But it's a cheap and cheerful pudding/cake at any time. And dead easy to make. smile

DoItTooJulia Mon 20-Jan-14 17:12:57

Wow, more to try, thank you! I like to make banana bread to use up manly bananas, and I've usually got a couple, so the more the merrier!

Ha, I was just coming on to recommend the Nigel Slater one. It's gorgeous, isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now