Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

HELP. Making fresh cream cake for tomorrow, will the whipped cream last long?

(5 Posts)
NameToBeDecided Wed 15-Jan-14 14:22:28

I need to do it today as we're going out tomorrow and there simply won't be time and it needs to be fresh whipped cream. DH B'day tomorrow and it's his favourite but it normally doesn't last long enough to worry about it collapsing grin will it last whipped as normal or is there anything I can do to it? Thank you!

NameToBeDecided Wed 15-Jan-14 14:30:28

Please?

tb Wed 22-Jan-14 15:14:38

Keep in fridge?

Make the cake today and put the cream on tomorrow. surely enough time for a quick whip?

Otherwise ime the sponge starts to absorb the cream and its just not as fresh.

On the other hand, if you whip cream longer than usual it turns into a clotted cream type consistency which holds up for couple of days.

Ragwort Wed 22-Jan-14 15:21:33

Agree with Flibberty - make the cake today and whip the cream in the morning (get up 10 mins early if necessary grin) - I can't imagine any lifestyle where you wouldn't be able to find 10 mins to whip up some cream confused?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now