Help - silicone cases

(5 Posts)
Littlemisstax Tue 14-Jan-14 13:47:29

DD has some silicone dinosaur cake moulds, but whenever I've used them the cakes don't come out the moulds nicely.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've been greasing lightly with olive oil then flouring and taking the cakes out when warm.

Making dinosaur cakes that actually look like dinosaurs would make DD very happy!

imsorryiasked Tue 14-Jan-14 18:19:00

I would try leaving the cakes until they're cold. I always have trouble even with metal tins if I try and take them out while still warm.
PS If you're making chocolate cake dust with cocoa rather than flour to avoid the white dots.

doubleshotespresso Tue 14-Jan-14 18:47:52

You can buy "Cake release" spray which lines the interior of moulds and tins so that shaped details come out cleanly.

Would highly recommend....... Good luck.

Lucylouby Wed 22-Jan-14 22:05:00

I greased my giant cupcake silicon case with stork and it came out perfectly each time I did it. I took them out of the oven, left them for a bit, but took the case of while they were still warm.

PartyConfused Wed 22-Jan-14 22:13:00

Ditto the cake release spray. I've used it for this very thing (snowmen shaped cupcakes). I got it in tesco I think; yellow spray can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now