Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Chocolate Brownie advise please

(5 Posts)

Entertaining next weekend for DH's birthday. Want to do as little on the evening as possible. DH wants warm chocolate brownie with ice cream for dessert, what is the best way of achieving this ?
Baking in the afternoon then microwave it to warm it or prepare mix and pop in the oven just before people arrive, but may not have room in the oven ?
Or any other suggestions ?

Selvedge Fri 03-Jan-14 02:03:50

Warm up in microwave. Short blast so not too hot. Cut into squares first.

Thanks Selvedge, I thought that would be OK.

AlpacaPicnic Sun 12-Jan-14 00:26:24

Have to wear heels - I have PMed you my favourite brownies recipe for your consideration!

CouthyMow Sun 12-Jan-14 01:31:10

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp good quality (read G&B...) Cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp fizzy spring water

Put all dry ingredients in a mug and stir. Add wet ingredients and stir. Microwave for 1min40s. Enjoy. (Under 100 calories but tastes full fat...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now