Greasy carrot cake

(5 Posts)
mandoo Tue 31-Dec-13 18:10:27

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4777/halloween-pumpkin-cake

switch pumpkin for carrot or butternut squash for the best carrot cake ever!

nannycook Tue 31-Dec-13 18:07:48

labella, i also made a carrot cake this time last week for a customer ( she wanted it for her son as he didnt like xmas cake) i actually have never made a carrot cake so like you i googled a recipe, the one i used was Mary Berrys, which had 250 ml of oil, and very simple, after whisking the sugar and eggs yogether you lightly add all the other ingredients and cook in 2 8inch tins, it was very light and seem ok, so maybe next time give this recipe a go and see what you think.

nannycook Tue 31-Dec-13 18:07:28

labella, i also made a carrot cake this time last week for a customer ( she wanted it for her son as he didnt like xmas cake) i actually have never made a carrot cake so like you i googled a recipe, the one i used was Mary Berrys, which had 250 ml of oil, and very simple, after whisking the sugar and eggs yogether you lightly add all the other ingredients and cook in 2 8inch tins, it was very light and seem ok, so maybe next time give this recipe a go and see what you think.

nannycook Tue 31-Dec-13 18:06:46

I have a sack of carrots ... so last night a made a carrot cake from a recipe from google. It seemed to have a lot of oil - 350ml to 250g flour and 350g carrots - and turned put really geasy tasting. Also too sweet, even though I cut down on the sugar a bit.
Has anyone got a light, tasty, non-greasy recipe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now