Greasy carrot cake

(5 Posts)

I have a sack of carrots ... so last night a made a carrot cake from a recipe from google. It seemed to have a lot of oil - 350ml to 250g flour and 350g carrots - and turned put really geasy tasting. Also too sweet, even though I cut down on the sugar a bit.
Has anyone got a light, tasty, non-greasy recipe?

nannycook Tue 31-Dec-13 18:06:46

labella, i also made a carrot cake this time last week for a customer ( she wanted it for her son as he didnt like xmas cake) i actually have never made a carrot cake so like you i googled a recipe, the one i used was Mary Berrys, which had 250 ml of oil, and very simple, after whisking the sugar and eggs yogether you lightly add all the other ingredients and cook in 2 8inch tins, it was very light and seem ok, so maybe next time give this recipe a go and see what you think.

nannycook Tue 31-Dec-13 18:07:28

labella, i also made a carrot cake this time last week for a customer ( she wanted it for her son as he didnt like xmas cake) i actually have never made a carrot cake so like you i googled a recipe, the one i used was Mary Berrys, which had 250 ml of oil, and very simple, after whisking the sugar and eggs yogether you lightly add all the other ingredients and cook in 2 8inch tins, it was very light and seem ok, so maybe next time give this recipe a go and see what you think.

nannycook Tue 31-Dec-13 18:07:48

mandoo Tue 31-Dec-13 18:10:27

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4777/halloween-pumpkin-cake

switch pumpkin for carrot or butternut squash for the best carrot cake ever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now