Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Will these biscuits last?

(6 Posts)
IsleOfRight Sun 08-Dec-13 10:03:54

I want to make shortbread biscuit lollies for my dd's bday party. I have the sticks and am planning to put a layer of biscuit either side of the stick pre cooking and press together. So far so good. But I am going away for the two days immediately before her birthday so would have to make them three days before. What do you think - would they last? (By which I mean still be ok. They would last as in not be eaten, mainly because I will be away)

looseleaf Sun 08-Dec-13 16:33:59

Yes I think so- my shortbread- which probably have a different recipe though so I don't know if that matters- lasts well for ages and when cool I pack it in freezer bags and take the air out as well as then putting it in an airtight tin

IsleOfRight Sun 08-Dec-13 23:20:26

What is your recipe? Or do you think they would freeze?

Elderflowergranita Mon 09-Dec-13 14:46:45

Shortbread type biscuits tend to freeze really well, ime.

struggling100 Mon 09-Dec-13 14:54:09

I just made two lots of shortbread at the weekend, and whacked them in the freezer for Christmas! They'll taste fine. smile

IsleOfRight Mon 09-Dec-13 17:34:15

Brilliant thanks will give it a go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now