Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Quick question about Christmas cake

(3 Posts)
mosaica Sat 07-Dec-13 20:21:06

Hi. Can I prepare the cake mix tonight and put it in the oven tomorrow? Will it still rise - not that fruit cakes rise much, but will it work? If so, do I store on the fridge overnight?

Horopu Sun 08-Dec-13 00:36:17

Yes, I've done that, it should be fine. Take it out the fridge an hour or so before you cook it so it returns to room temp. Also put it in the fridge in the baking tin if you can as it will be stiff when it come out of the fridge and less malleable.

mosaica Sun 08-Dec-13 21:31:51

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now