Alcoholic Cake Pops

(8 Posts)
easylife73 Wed 04-Dec-13 18:05:39

Hi, hoping someone can advise...I've seen lots of tutorials etc on how to make basic cake pops, but I went to a school indulgence evening a few weeks ago and had the most amazing amaretto cake pop. Can anyone tell me how and when I'd add the amaretto to the recipe please?

ZingSweetPea Wed 04-Dec-13 19:56:11

I'd add Amaretto to batter (cake mix) before baking. the only problem is that the cake mix will be too runny.

what is your recipe? you will need to compensate for the extra liquid somehow.

are you sure there was actual alcohol in it was it just almond essence?

easylife73 Wed 04-Dec-13 21:19:32

Oh no, believe me, there was definitely actual alcohol in it! Spoke to the lady on the night, but didn't get her name or her recipe, so trying to work it out!

AlpacaPicnic Wed 04-Dec-13 22:06:07

Was it a baked ball of cake, or the other kind, with cake crumbs combined with buttercream? If the second, then I would add the booze to the buttercream. I imagine that baileys might work well...

easylife73 Wed 04-Dec-13 22:24:55

Yes, she definitely said she did it the old-fashioned way with cake crumbs (she also had Baileys ones, which were indeed very nice smile)

Taffeta Wed 04-Dec-13 22:27:43

Process cake in food processor for crumbs.

Mix a few glugs of amaretto with buttercream and add a few tablespoons to crumbs. Then proceed as normal.

AlpacaPicnic Wed 04-Dec-13 22:34:04

Don't forget to taste the buttercream regularly to make sure it is the right flavour ;)

easylife73 Wed 04-Dec-13 22:42:59

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll give it a go when the sticks arrive that I've ordered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now