Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Graham Flour - does anyone use it and what for?

(6 Posts)
bruffin Fri 15-Nov-13 08:57:08

I bought this flour
I found this lovely sounding recipe which uses wholewheat flour which is what I thought graham flour was
However the cake didnt seem to want to cook at all and i gave up after about 1 1/2 hours. The flavour of the cake was really lovely but it wasnt a cake as such and we used to for a pudding in the end. There is none left as DS 18 seems to have pigged out on it.

bruffin Fri 15-Nov-13 08:58:37

Sorry meant to say was it the flour do you think or just the recipe?

WithRedWine Mon 25-Nov-13 09:58:15

It's chickpea flour. Usually for onion bhajis & things.

realhousewifeoffitzrovia Mon 25-Nov-13 12:02:45

I think the OP bought real graham flour as opposed to chickpea or gram flour. It's readily available in North America but I've never seen it in the UK - now I know where to find it! Graham crackers are kind of the North American equivalent of digestives. Check here for recipes: www.yummly.com/recipes/baking-with-graham-flour

bruffin Tue 26-Nov-13 00:46:44

Thank you
Yes it is the real graham flour. I did find the link bwfore but most of the recipes ask for graham cracker crumb rather than the flour. I think i will attempt some bread from it.

Nolda Thu 05-Dec-13 07:14:50

The flour you bought is Swedish. My mother is Swedish and I'll check with her but I was under the same impression as you that it is wholemeal flour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now