Can I make Christmas cake in a loaf tin?

(3 Posts)
Smorgs Wed 13-Nov-13 12:06:32

I want to make a small Christmas cake for a coffee morning I'm doing in December. I seem to remember a friend doing a nice Christmas loaf a few years back but I've no idea how to make one. I assume I can't just halve the ingredients and cooking time as it would burn? Could I make a welsh style boiled cake/bara brith and ice it? Anyone have any Christmas loaf recipes please?

newmumof2at42 Wed 13-Nov-13 13:21:30

Just use a Christmas cake recipe it will work fine. I am a baker and this will work. 12oz dried fruit, 1 oz dried apricots, 1oz crushed almonds, 1oz hazelnuts, 6oz plain flour, 5oz butter, 5oz soft brown sugar, 2 1/2 eggs beaten, or 2 large eggs and a spoonful of brandy, teaspoon of mixed spice. In a fan oven should take bout 1 hour - 1 hour 20 mins, check after 1 hour and put in at 150. Also you must line the outside of the tin as well or it will burn at sides. If you have 2 much mixture just put it in muffin tins and bake with cake. Enjoy

Smorgs Wed 13-Nov-13 15:35:18

Great! Thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now