Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Charity bake off - what to bake?

(7 Posts)
Tailtwister Wed 13-Nov-13 11:02:12

I'm entering a charity Bake Off at work and can't decide what to bake. There aren't any categories, so it could be anything which is baked. There is only 1 round (of 4) where 2 winners are chosen before going forward to a final with 8 entries.

The judging will be done first thing in the morning and the winner will be the one which raises most money (people have to pay to taste them).

Any ideas? I was initially thinking raspberry and blueberry danish pastries, but now wonder if that would be showy enough.

elsielegallez Wed 13-Nov-13 22:29:27

Lemon layer cake -everyone loves lemon cake and this one is delicious and looks beautiful.

Or a Kitkat chocolate cake - looks impressive, tastes delicious and not that difficult!

Or raspberry and blueberry lime drizzle cake - simple but lovely!

Tailtwister Thu 14-Nov-13 09:17:39

Wow, these all look gorgeous!

I'm going to make the Danish pastries anyway as I've already done the dough, but I'm thinking the KitKat cake might be a winner. It's difficult as they are going to be cut up before anyone gets to see them, so the overall look will be lost. That's why I was thinking of something individual which they won't need to hack to pieces.

Decisions, decisions...

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Fri 15-Nov-13 05:30:12

I'd definitely do something that comes as individual portions. A cake wouldn't be nearly as inviting after you've started to cut into it.

Turnipsandpumpkins Fri 15-Nov-13 05:37:43
Turnipsandpumpkins Fri 15-Nov-13 05:42:41

Rocky road cupcakes. Easy to make, but sold like hot cakes at a sale we did recently because they look great.

whatsonyourplate Mon 25-Nov-13 15:02:40

Do you have a recipe for Rocky road cupcakes turnips ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now