Help! Best handheld mixer?

(8 Posts)
hermioneweasley Mon 04-Nov-13 15:53:04

My russell Hobbs hand mixer has died. I've only had it a couple of years - not impressed.

What would you recommend? Not too heavy please - I've used a dualit one and I couldn't hold it for long!

mignonnette Mon 04-Nov-13 22:02:03

I have this Dualit hand mixer. I have the red one. The neoprene rubber grip is brilliant and doesn't slip if your hand is a bit greasy w/ buttercream! They aren't overly heavy. I have little hands and can manage it better than stick blenders.

Not too pricey either and sold everywhere.

mignonnette Mon 04-Nov-13 22:03:24

Just read that you don't like the Dualit- what a fool I am blush

Maybe try one of the Argos or debenhams own brand ones? They are very inexpensive and last ages-my own brand Argos lasted years but i replaced it when i got a Dualit for a gift.

I have a K-Mix one. I bake professionally and it gets used daily and it is still going 5 years on.

Cascumpec Mon 04-Nov-13 22:14:48

I have a Braun that I have been using weekly for 19 years.

Yorky Tue 05-Nov-13 10:24:56

Don't get an argos cheapy one - I made that mistake but you can hear it struggling to cream butter and sugar if I'm doing more than a 2 egg mix. I am currently being very unsubtle with santa about a replacement, and thinking about a stand one rather than hand held

melodyangel Thu 07-Nov-13 17:17:59

My dualit one broke after a couple of uses - the beater release button snapped off. I still use it and I agree it is heavy don't think I'll get another one. Might buy a Bodum one next time mainly because they do a bright green one and I'm shallow.

hermioneweasley Thu 07-Nov-13 19:30:13

I got one with high ratings on Amazon. I'll let you know how I get on with it ! Thanks for your thoughts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now